➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

They're popping out. I've just been adding new chicks to the brooder so I have a mix that are up to 3 or 4 days apart in age.
0528200629.jpg

Mine is only 2 ft deep and I run a de-icer as you just don’t want it to freeze solid.....3 feet would be better for you being further north but you could always bring them inside if the 2 feet doesn’t seem to be enough. But yes that should be fine for summer as long as it doesn’t go to other extreme and get too hot.....keep an eye on water temps
Thank you!! Good to know!! I hadn’t thought of water temps. :oops: I’ll have to keep an eye on that especially since it’s a black tank. And I Gould probably add some shade???

Thank you!! Good to know!! I hadn’t thought of water temps. :oops: I’ll have to keep an eye on that especially since it’s a black tank. And I Gould probably add some shade???
They would probably like shade or something to hide under. The fishpond at my mom's house has water plants, I think they are blue hyacinths.

They would probably like shade or something to hide under. The fishpond at my mom's house has water plants, I think they are blue hyacinths.
That sounds pretty!!!
Water plants are good for ponds. They add oxygen and shade.
Yeah, I want to add some eventually!!! Just don’t know whether to this thing or wait for the in ground one haha

Back
Top Bottom