➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I put 31 quail eggs that I bought locally in the incubator on Sunday, June 21, 2020 at about 2 pm. I am counting that as day 1. She gave me a bunch extra in case they weren't all fertile.

I candled on day 9 or 10 and about half of them looked fertile.
Sunday, July 5, 2020 was day 15 and they went into lockdown.

Today (July 7) is day 17 and no sign of pipping or anything.
AHHHH! I hate being patient. I did great until today (day 17) and now I am so anxious for any sign of hatching. This is my first time ever hatching anything. I am worried I did something wrong and nothing will hatch. I know that sometimes they can go until day 19 or 20. But oh, the waiting is ever so hard!

I am using a Brinsea Octogan Advance 20. Humidity was 35-40% until lockdown. Now its 65%. Temp 99.5 F.

Attachments

• quailegg.jpg
    quailegg.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 2
I put 31 quail eggs that I bought locally in the incubator on Sunday, June 21, 2020 at about 2 pm. I am counting that as day 1. She gave me a bunch extra in case they weren't all fertile.

AHHHH! I hate being patient. I did great until today (day 17) and now I am so anxious for any sign of hatching. This is my first time ever hatching anything. I am worried I did something wrong and nothing will hatch. I know that sometimes they can go until day 19 or 20. But oh, the waiting is ever so hard!

I am using a Brinsea Octogan Advance 20. Humidity was 35-40% until lockdown. Now its 65%. Temp 99.5 F.
I wouldn’t expect anything until the 9th. I never count the set day as day 1 because 24 hours hasn’t gone by in the bator.

If you set them in the morning you could count it as day one but I'm not so sure I'd count it as day one setting them in the afternoon.
Actually I think I have set eggs that late and counted it as day one.

Either way...
Not too important.

Did you calibrate a thermometer and do you have more than just one in your bator?

Can you take them out of that tray thing?

I just spotted this in a Craigslist ad, is this even possible?
"These chicks are from NPIP certified Alchemist line stock and produce 98-100% blue layers. Most breeders can’t come close to those numbers yet. Every hen I have lays blue eggs."
No.

Please don't be tricked into thinking that being NPIP means something good.

I am not a fan of anyone who uses someone else's name when trying to advertise.

'Line stock' crap is silly to me.

All of my current adult birds came from eggs I hatched from Myshire.

I can not sell my eggs from these adult birds and call them Myshire quail.😤😤😤😤

They are Kiki quail.

If you want Alchemist eggs you buy from her. The dealer herself.

All of my current adult birds came from eggs I hatched from Myshire.

I can not sell my eggs from these adult birds and call them Myshire quail.😤😤😤😤

They are Kiki quail.

If you want Alchemist eggs you buy from her. The dealer herself.
Only time I said Myshire was when I sold some of my Scarlets that were directly from Myshire eggs. After that they’re Fort Cluck Farms quail. A lot of people are trying to say they have something that they don’t, it’s ridiculous.

Im no longer buying hatching eggs from others because I’ve been lied to so many times that it’s just ruined buying for me. Only place I buy from is Myshire, but I have all the colors I want after these hatch so I won’t be buying from them again until probably next year.

Only time I said Myshire was when I sold some of my Scarlets that were directly from Myshire eggs. After that they’re Fort Cluck Farms quail. A lot of people are trying to say they have something that they don’t, it’s ridiculous.

Im no longer buying hatching eggs from others because I’ve been lied to so many times that it’s just ruined buying for me. Only place I buy from is Myshire, but I have all the colors I want after these hatch so I won’t be buying from them again until probably next year.
I actually get excited when people figure out that others sell whatever just to sell/make a buck.

I'm glad to see you learned your lesson.
😍

Back
Top Bottom