āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I'm still waiting for more to hatch. This little one is lonely!
0706201546.jpg

my finches have 2 in one nest just about ready to leave, and 4 more hatched so far in the 2nd nest!! :th I may have to rethink the nest situation SOON!! My broody buttons are still pretty serious too and nest has 7 eggs:eek: I had to release my last coturnix from the subaviary yesterday because the budgie was way too enamoured with it!:barnie

It's coming to the end of day 13 for my button quail eggs so they've just gone into lockdown. They're so small and dark I haven't been able to candle them at all, so I have no idea what to expect!

I've been keeping the humidity between 40% and 45% so far, I've now got a fairly large shallow dish of water under the shelf at the bottom of the incubator (it's a Janoel 12) but the humidity doesn't seem to be getting up past 55%, and it's too tall and tilting the tray slightly. I'm considering filling the entire base to try to get it closer to 65% which I'm hoping will be about right, but worried about it getting too high that way ā€” I've seen so much conflicting info on humidity for buttons!

It's coming to the end of day 13 for my button quail eggs so they've just gone into lockdown. They're so small and dark I haven't been able to candle them at all, so I have no idea what to expect!

I've been keeping the humidity between 40% and 45% so far, I've now got a fairly large shallow dish of water under the shelf at the bottom of the incubator (it's a Janoel 12) but the humidity doesn't seem to be getting up past 55%, and it's too tall and tilting the tray slightly. I'm considering filling the entire base to try to get it closer to 65% which I'm hoping will be about right, but worried about it getting too high that way ā€” I've seen so much conflicting info on humidity for buttons!
In my limited experience (I've only done two button hatches), they do better with higher humidity than coturnix. I got much better hatch results from my second batch where I raised the humidity to about 50% during incubation and up to 60-70% during hatch.

Back
Top Bottom