➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I think my large hatch is done. I learned the hard way to never completely fill my big incubator. The warm spots and the cool spots are very different in temperature, my turner broke, and several of the eggs were crushed.

120 set
I didn't candle before lockdown. There were just too many.
64 hatched
0802201005_HDR.jpg

I think my large hatch is done. I learned the hard way to never completely fill my big incubator. The warm spots and the cool spots are very different in temperature, my turner broke, and several of the eggs were crushed.

120 set
I didn't candle before lockdown. There were just too many.
64 hatched
View attachment 2273257
You got some real yellers!

Oh my goodness y'all I am so excited! I've not posted on here much before, but I have been following things people have posted. We have been raising Buff Orpingtons for several years and after reading about quail we decided to branch out a bit. We read what y'all have shared about incubators and bought an Incuview to replace a very old styrofoam still-air and got busy. I set 39 eggs and over the weekend we had 26 hatch (and we might get two more). Quail are so much different hatching from chicks and so much easier. I'll try to get some pictures to post tomorrow but WOW what fun! :love

Back
Top Bottom