➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Happy new year to all 🎊🎉🍾🥂

So ... I said, no hatching anymore in 2020, ... but it is 2021 now *yay* ...

... First batch of the year.
View attachment 2473490
All homegrown.

The 88 in the first trays are Brown-wild, Falb Fee, Pearl Fee and Whites and the last tray are 8 homozygous Celadon and 14 heterozygous Ce (roo is homozygous).

Will be a surprise pack, as not all roos are really sexual active atm. I will see in 2 weeks, which are fertile.

And I am curious how much wild will fall out, due to heterozygous birds.
As a beginner with quail. I’m just shaking my head yes as I have now idea what you’re sayin.

As a beginner with quail. I’m just shaking my head yes as I have now idea what you’re sayin.

Homozygous are pure genes, having two same gene alleles of a characteristic. Heterozygous just have one part of it.

Recessive characteristics need both parts in a gene to show it. Otherwise it will not show.

Dominat characteristics just need one part in the gene and overlay the different other part, so also heterozygous birds show the characteristics.

Celadon are bluelayers (the blue eggs on the photo) ... and it is recessive, so only homozygous birds are laying blue (both parts of the gene need to have the celadon gene)

You can say more simple, that homozygous is pure inheritance and heterozygous is mixed.

Happy new year to all 🎊🎉🍾🥂

So ... I said, no hatching anymore in 2020, ... but it is 2021 now *yay* ...

... First batch of the year.
View attachment 2473490
All homegrown.

The 88 in the first trays are Brown-wild, Falb Fee, Pearl Fee and Whites and the last tray are 8 homozygous Celadon and 14 heterozygous Ce (roo is homozygous).

Will be a surprise pack, as not all roos are really sexual active atm. I will see in 2 weeks, which are fertile.

And I am curious how much wild will fall out, due to heterozygous birds.
Kiki add to Google sheet

Back
Top Bottom