āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Now is the time to get the kids accustomed to the idea. They'll figure out what food looks like. Of course, I've always brought food home that needed to be cleaned.

Zoo trips are shopping trips. :D

Doesn't bother any of them.
Two years ago I never would have dreamed that I could do this:
1622758337538.jpeg

Two years ago I never would have dreamed that I could do this:
View attachment 2702462
you should be proud. That is a nice mess of quail. And thems good eatin!

I've had people say the same thing about crawfish, but will eat crabs. What's the difference? Just what you are accustomed to and mind games.

Way to go Bee!

Iā€™ve been told scalding them and hand plucking is the way to go; but I have yet to try it. I was thinking Iā€™d just skin them and spatchcock them.

Went to check on them and Wrong End is still getting picked on. I donā€™t want to pull him as I donā€™t want him to be totally alone in the house. Quail drama.

At least they have all sorted out the nipple waterer! Yay!

dumb question: are Texas A&M coturnix quail?

Iā€™ve been told scalding them and hand plucking is the way to go; but I have yet to try it. I was thinking Iā€™d just skin them and spatchcock them.

Went to check on them and Wrong End is still getting picked on. I donā€™t want to pull him as I donā€™t want him to be totally alone in the house. Quail drama.

Yes Texas a & m are Coturnix.

My pug used to eat the huge turkey neck bone in the gibblet bag thing, basically without chewing. My frenchie eats a blade of grass and gags for 10 minutes and eventually pukes, cat style.
Is your dog dumb like this one?
I wanted a Frenchie until I met Walter.
Now I'm convinced they are all this ridiculous. I'd kill it if it complained like this all the time.

Yes...just white ones. Some say they aren't as nice.

Now I'm convinced they are all this ridiculous. I'd kill it if it complained like this all the time.
Mine donā€™t do that. Both very rarely bark, the male learned to bay from the beagle next door. It isnā€™t as loud as the beagle, but heā€™s got the accent right haha. My female chuffs at us for attention, the best description I can give is its like barking thru her nose.

Mine donā€™t do that. Both very rarely bark, the male learned to bay from the beagle next door. It isnā€™t as loud as the beagle, but heā€™s got the accent right haha. My female chuffs at us for attention, the best description I can give is its like barking thru her nose.
Walter is bad.

Our pug Meatloaf does this. Heā€™s gotten the chihuahua and kids to join. :th

Back
Top Bottom