➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I'd really like to know how many people actually test the temperature of their heat plate before they use it.
Probably 0.001%, I would....I test the temp every time I set the brooder up (make sure it's 90 to 95°F) but then again, I use heat lamps. 🔥

Check this out. Instead of taking the turner out and jacking with adjusting the temperature because the heat from the turner is no longer there I just put washcloths over the eggs and the turner to try and block the little dummies from getting stuck in it.
God I hope it works.
I'd make sure and I'm sure you did, that they can't find any possible way to crawl under the towel?

Probably 0.001%, I would....I test the temp every time I set the brooder up (make sure it's 90 to 95°F) but then again, I use heat lamps. 🔥
I am not using the heat plate. I didn't want to take a chance of frying the dummies.

I will (maybe) use it one time when I'm home for a few days straight to watch closely.

I am not using the heat plate. I didn't want to take a chance of frying the dummies.

I will (maybe) use it one time when I'm home for a few days straight to watch closely.
I've just 'in general' never have liked the idea of using a heat plate....but then again, I'm 'OLD SCHOOL'!

I don't like the idea either but I don't like heat lamps either. 😆
The only drawback I have with a heat lamp is if it quits working while I'm at work and the chicks become chilled but that can happen with a heat plate, too! It actually happened a couple of nights ago, came home and uh oh, no light is on! 🥶 but they were all ok!...just huddling together.

The only drawback I have with a heat lamp is if it quits working while I'm at work and the chicks become chilled but that can happen with a heat plate, too! It actually happened a couple of nights ago, came home and uh oh, no light is on! 🥶 but they were all ok!...just huddling together.
I like clippy lamps with a regular light bulb. A heat lamp would cook chicks in my house.

I like clippy lamps with a regular light bulb. A heat lamp would cook chicks in my house.
I use them too, occasionally, like the other morning....I didn't have any spare lamps, which is a rarity for me, so I used a regular 100w incandescent bulb till I got to town and bought a bunch of 'spares'. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom