➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-that-are-good-to-eat-7.1553312/post-26274554

Happy Monster Mash GIF by Susanne Lamb

My chicks have hatched! I ordered 40 from eBay, one was cracked. When I candled a few days ago, I found 2 had small cracks I had missed and didn’t develop. Almost all of the bubbly air cells didn’t develop, in the end I have 18 chicks, all kind of boring messy rosetta tuxes. They’re supposed to be 100% celadon so we’ll see in a few months how accurate that is.

CCAFD10F-5CF6-4942-8CD8-D16236915C2D.jpeg

I plan to order some of the sparkly German pastels from southwest gamebirds, and hopefully some pearl or Italian to cross into them as well. Starting over is really frustrating lol, my husband always says “you get to start again” but I always say “ugh I have to start again”.

I’m angling for like $200 towards new eggs as a Christmas present, dropping not so subtle hints around my kids, so when daddy says what should we get mommy… hehe.

Hi folks, restarting my small flock after a brief hiatus, and this time round I've decided to start from eggs. Since this is my first time incubating, I'm really not sure how many eggs I should incubate if I am aiming for 8 ladies for egg production. Previously I got sexed birds from a farm nearby, but this time round I want to follow the process the whole way through! I'll have to ship eggs in, and have read with shipped eggs to expect a 50% hatch rate, is this true?

Hi folks, restarting my small flock after a brief hiatus, and this time round I've decided to start from eggs. Since this is my first time incubating, I'm really not sure how many eggs I should incubate if I am aiming for 8 ladies for egg production. Previously I got sexed birds from a farm nearby, but this time round I want to follow the process the whole way through! I'll have to ship eggs in, and have read with shipped eggs to expect a 50% hatch rate, is this true?
I would plan on a 50% hatch rate, and also plan on half of your hatch being males. It's possible to get some really weird ratios with a small number of eggs, though. I had a batch of 8 eggs where 7 hatched and they were all male.

You may find this article helpful - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/coturnix-incubation-tips.76184/

Back
Top Bottom