➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

OH MY GOD KELSEY! You are such a waster.
Stop hoarding crap just to throw it away.
This drives me NUTS!
I didn’t throw it away!! Decided to keep it 😂🤣

But it was annoying me haha moved it elsewhere though instead.

I actually don’t really usually throw like anything away (except actual trash and expired food and stuff that needs to be thrown out) which is why I have so much stuff 😂🤣🙈

So it was too low? I have a million thermometer/hygrometer things atm and almost threw them out recently cause I have nowhere to put them and they were annoying me just sitting there 😂🤣 I kept them though cause I figured I might need them if I ever hatched again. Which I probably won’t now but still. Funny too considering all the other stuff everywhere but this one little ziplock baggie of thermometers was annoying me 😂🤣🙈
I totally missed the ALMOST word.
Sorry but geez...stop hoarding stuff.

if the air cells are not that bad, i would go ahead and set upright in turner rails if you have them and incubate as normal......i have hatched many shipped eggs (mostly from myshire, but also others) and have let them settle from nearly zero hours all the way to several days with no major difference in overall hatch.

I don’t have quail rails, but I have an old GQF turner, with the hole in the bottom of the cup, I’ll have to check it but I think it may work for them.
What is a typical hatch rate on shipped quail? These eggs are a week old (they should have been here last friday), so I didn’t know if I was going to wait to put them in or not. I did, because it’s cold here.

Can you put a book under one side of the bator to tilt the eggs and move the book a few times each day...to the other side of the bator?

I have something better! A yoga block that I bought specifically for tilting the incubator. Yoga, pfft, who does that?
I hand turn most of my eggs, my geese seem to do better turned by hand than they do in the turner for some reason.

Shoot, I had to take a break already.
First two Cinco eggs:
IMG_20200420_212052.jpg
IMG_20200420_212117.jpg

First Kiki egg:
IMG_20200420_212144.jpg

If I candle the rest of her eggs and they are all clears I'm going to die.

You know, when you have too much stuff, instead of throwing it away, you could give it to someone who could use it. I hate to see waste.
That’s true! I actually usually do do that. I just said it wrong. Sorry :oops: throw away to me just means like get rid of not necessarily strictly trashing it even though that’s not technically “correct.” Hah but we usually take it to to our dump (they have a section where people can browse/take stuff) or to Savers or something like that. I hate just throwing stuff away too so usually don’t unless it’s totally broken or unusable. Just used the wrong word. Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom