āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Ebay sellers are the worse. You'll get infertile eggs, not shipped properly(shipped with the air cell down) not packaged properly, mis-shapen eggs, all because the most you can do is hurt their 'feedback' rating...and when it does get low they just come up with a new name. šŸ¤¬
Ughhh the last person I bought from I didnā€™t save my order email because I bought as a guest so I couldnā€™t leave feedback šŸ¤¬ I would love to tell them how bad the eggs were.

Good expectations but šŸ¤žfor more for you!!! Please purchase a separate hygrometer that you can salt-test to ensure accuracy!
I had intended to but to my surprise, the store I went to was sold out. I was lucky to find a digital thermometer that worked out. I purchased a kitchen thermometer to verify with also. I will have a hygrometer for the next batch, be it from these offspring or another set of purchased eggs if these don't work out.

Ughhh the last person I bought from I didnā€™t save my order email because I bought as a guest so I couldnā€™t leave feedback šŸ¤¬ I would love to tell them how bad the eggs were.
One thing that has fueled the market on eBay is they are getting outrageous prices for pheasant eggs and for half as many eggs. You use to be able to get a bakers dozen for around $55 - $60, now you get 6 for $90 and up, even for everyday Goldens or Amherst...SMH. And just because they have good feedback doesn't mean they are a good seller. You really take your chances on eBay.

I had intended to but to my surprise, the store I went to was sold out. I was lucky to find a digital thermometer that worked out. I purchased a kitchen thermometer to verify with also. I will have a hygrometer for the next batch, be it from these offspring or another set of purchased eggs if these don't work out.
What brand of incubator are you using?

ETA nevermind went back and looked...is it the 4250 Pro? If so, and depending on your local ambient humidity, a couple of teaspoons of water added is all you need to get it to hang around 45 to 50% added every other day, at least that's my experince with mine and we have high humidity (40 to 50%) sometimes 60% here most everyday. I use a calibrated hygrometer that is 'dead on' and the bator is in a room with no drafts and at 75Ā°F.

One thing that has fueled the market on eBay is they are getting outrageous prices for pheasant eggs and for half as many eggs. You use to be able to get a bakers dozen for around $55 - $60, now you get 6 for $90 and up, even for everyday Goldens or Amherst...SMH. And just because they have good feedback doesn't mean they are a good seller. You really take your chances on eBay.
I want to try pheasant some day but I need to find a good seller. I wonā€™t buy without someone telling me they are good.

We are expecting Jumbo Coturnix, are lockdown date is May 31st. So far I've been recording temp and humidity for my records. I am using a calibrated digital thermometer for verification, though I am relying on the humidity reading on the incubator.

We purchased 50 hatching eggs from eBay seller longislander, they were packaged well, and even so the post office managed to crack 7. We purchased from them because they have good feedback. We let them settle for 24 hours then placed in our newly acquired Farm Innovators incubator that we purchased quail rails for the automatic turner. I'm hoping for 50% hatch rate and considering any extra a bonus.
Thanks.
I'll get this entered asap.

Guys...I'm such a good.
I have been trying to remember to bookmark each post that contains stats for the sheet but I suck at going back to dig through my bookmarks to actually enter the info.

I just decided to start a pm with myself where I plan to screenshot and send (immediately) the info to myself...
So it's all in one place/easy to find.

Walmart sells them.

Back
Top Bottom