āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

1618176573044.jpeg

96A42113-F45B-46A7-8419-B39175B532C9.jpeg

I just took a couple pictures for him to post ..... not as good as @Kiki photos but crazy difficult to get good pictures at this age šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Well not that great of a hatch with my Butler Bob's. 14 were fertile, 4 have hatched. 1 hatched 2days before due date, 1, one day before due date and 2 on due date. Several have pipped but no further progress. Don't know what's going on ....temps and humidity have been steady throughout the incubation period.
The eggs were shipped from a 'new' breeder, had great looking breeder stock.
30 eggs, 16 infertile, 14 fertile, 4 hatched so far!

20210411_191851.jpg

One of my worse hatches ever!

ETA - 1st one had leg issues, put in a shot glass for 1 day and gave Nutri-Drench with a syringe, drop-wise every 2 hours for a day. It's now walking and running, like normal.

Last edited:
Well not that great of a hatch with my Butler Bob's. 14 were fertile, 4 have hatched. 1 hatched 2days before due date, 1, one day before due date and 2 on due date. Several have pipped but no further progress. Don't know what's going on ....temps and humidity have been steady throughout the incubation period.
The eggs were shipped from a 'new' breeder, had great looking breeder stock.
30 eggs, 16 infertile, 14 fertile, 4 hatched so far!

View attachment 2611426
One of my worse hatches ever!
Too early in breeding season collection may account for low fertility.....the crazy spread on hatch times are frustrating Iā€™m sure.....Iā€™ve experienced that occasionally but it was because of cheap incubators I was using not having consistent temps throughout the incubator.

Too early in breeding season collection may account for low fertility.....the crazy spread on hatch times are frustrating Iā€™m sure.....Iā€™ve experienced that occasionally but it was because of cheap incubators I was using not having consistent temps throughout the incubator.
Yep, this is frustrating, it's not like this is my 'first rodeo'! GQF bator that has hatched thousands of eggs.
It's one of those?????? things :idunno

The breed stock was kept indoors, so that accounts for the early egg laying. They were laying for a month before I bought them?
Just one of those unanswerable questions!

Those are times that make you wish you had run some homegrown eggs as control group šŸ¤”
Mine aren't laying yet...my pheasants, just started laying last week...and not many of them are laying yet. My quail won't start laying for another 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom