➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Congratulations on your first hatch!!!! The number of clears sounds abnormally high even for the jumbos variety. I would definitely recommend comparing notes with the ex and maybe discussing that number with Zack to see if he has any idea as to what the cause could have been.
I will. I was not expecting that many clears. I autopsied 6 of the clears at day 10. They appeared to be scrambled. :idunno

With that many clears it’s also hard for me to say if I did anything wrong to cause the other 6 not to develop properly.

I may also get some eggs from James Marie. They are only an hour south of me. I’d like to call and see if I could just pick them up myself so I don’t have to worry about them getting damaged during shipping.

I will. I was not expecting that many clears. I autopsied 6 of the clears at day 10. They appeared to be scrambled. :idunno

With that many clears it’s also hard for me to say if I did anything wrong to cause the other 6 not to develop properly.

I may also get some eggs from James Marie. They are only an hour south of me. I’d like to call and see if I could just pick them up myself so I don’t have to worry about them getting damaged during shipping.
If you get some meat makers or egg makers, tell me how they turn out. I've been toying with the idea of getting some of those when I get to the new place.

I’m starting to worry that none are going to hatch! The one baby that made progress is still alive but has made no progress since 8 am 😢 I’ve seen pips but no real action since...will they all the sudden start hatching in the next 12 hours?? What should I do? Not sure I will sleep well 😩
I wouldn’t worry yet. Many (or most) of mine pipped then didn’t zip out till the following day.

If that close, I would definitely consider contacting for possible local pick-up.

I’m starting to worry that none are going to hatch! The one baby that made progress is still alive but has made no progress since 8 am 😢 I’ve seen pips but no real action since...will they all the sudden start hatching in the next 12 hours?? What should I do? Not sure I will sleep well 😩
Get some sleep!!! It can take 12-24 hours for hatch after noticing first pips and IME many hatches occur while I’m sleeping.

Just because you don't hover over the incubator doesn't mean it's not exciting the first couple or couple dozen times. Ah, the wonders of nature!
Nailed it @RUNuts , although I don't hover and haven't for many decades....it still amazes me....can't wait to see what hatches! :pop :jumpy :love

Okay, I have three babies that have hatched. One at 10 pm last night and 2 that hatched sometime around 3 am. When should I get them moved to the brooder so they can get water? The first one is all dry and fluffy and getting around pretty good, but the other two need more time. Do I leave Fluffy in there so he’s not alone in the brooder? I don’t want him dehydrating cuz I waited too long to move him...

I also appear to have some that aren’t going to make it. They made pip holes yesterday but have yet to do anything else. And I see one egg rocking but no pip mark.

Back
Top Bottom