➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Awesome! I’ll go run errands then. I will pick up some clear medical tape just in case, because there’s one other little guy walking on a curly foot, but hopefully they’ll be like wry neck and figure it out.

Awesome! I’ll go run errands then. I will pick up some clear medical tape just in case, because there’s one other little guy walking on a curly foot, but hopefully they’ll be like wry neck and figure it out.
Sometimes they figure it out just by moving around and interacting with the other chicks, like physical therapy. Have fun taping toes if they don't straighten on their own, they are wiggly little birds.

Well, I can’t find the curly toe guy anymore, so I think he’s sorted himself out. I’ll check them all more carefully again later. The one I helped out is almost indistinguishable from the others! He’s a bit smaller, and his wings stick out a little funny (not enough to be concerned by I think). His toes are a bit more delicate and do curl a bit but he’s definitely able to get around on them and spread them a bit.

What colors did I get? :love I got a couple yellow ones!
CC567649-67D2-4EF8-8270-F6DBCA5AF34C.jpeg

Well, I can’t find the curly toe guy anymore, so I think he’s sorted himself out. I’ll check them all more carefully again later. The one I helped out is almost indistinguishable from the others! He’s a bit smaller, and his wings stick out a little funny (not enough to be concerned by I think). His toes are a bit more delicate and do curl a bit but he’s definitely able to get around on them and spread them a bit.

What colors did I get? :love I got a couple yellow ones!
View attachment 2653844
I think there’s a good chance your yellows will silver up a bit. Bottom in the dish is pharaoh, above it is either a silver wild or falb fee, above it, I’m not sure, I think falb fee. Far left pharaoh, the darks look Tibetan, far right will be a messy pharaoh tux, below it pharaoh.

Cool! So I got some feather sexable ones? That will be nice, haha. Thanks for all the help everyone. I candled the other eggs because there was no pip and no movement and I don’t think they’re alive. I’m leaving them overnight before I shut off the incubator for sure.

I've never hear of silver wild. What do you cross?
Silver is just the color, it can be wild pattern, range, fawn, pansy. If you have range pattern silvers, cross them to wild patterns, since range and silver are incompletely dominant, you will probably get some range silvers with some mild wild stripes in the next gen, cross those to the wild again and you will get many wild patterns from it, with several silver wilds.

Silver is just the color, it can be wild pattern, range, fawn, pansy. If you have range pattern silvers, cross them to wild patterns, since range and silver are incompletely dominant, you will probably get some range silvers with some mild wild stripes in the next gen, cross those to the wild again and you will get many wild patterns from it, with several silver wilds.
I only have pharaoh and falb fee. If I want a standardized pattern+color similar to falb fee can I keep crossing whichever SSC to my pharaohs? SSC looks like the EE of the quail world but I do want to keep my birds feather sexable.
Reading the genetics pdf on the first post.. gosh, there are so many color genes.

I only have pharaoh and falb fee. If I want a standardized pattern+color similar to falb fee can I keep crossing whichever SSC to my pharaohs? SSC looks like the EE of the quail world but I do want to keep my birds feather sexable.
Reading the genetics pdf on the first post.. gosh, there are so many color genes.
You can cross your pharaoh or falb fee to silver.

Here are 2 SSC silver wilds. These were not fee I believe, looking at the yellow hue around their eyes.
CE062CDC-086B-4D70-887E-8244735705EB.jpeg

These both are silver wild, the top has fee. I don’t keep silver wilds, but I think the ones without fee can typically have more cream tones.
9657787C-7E85-44FB-A0AC-9A506D3F00E5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom