➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Oh! Good, then I can sleep and leave them be haha. Was worried I'd need to stay up till really late so I'd be up when they were dry.

Oh! Good, then I can sleep and leave them be haha. Was worried I'd need to stay up till really late so I'd be up when they were dry.
I normally empty the bator before bed if I had some hatching in the morning, and I leave at least one, the newest looking if possible to call to the other eggs. Then in the morning I empty it again the same way, and by afternoon I’m normally candling and checking the remaining eggs, and most times by that night I’m done. Because the nr360 has the chicks right at the level the lid opens, when you pop it open, even a crack, the air inside shoots out, and the humidity drops super fast. My brinsea isn’t as bad because the chicks are set much lower and there’s a 2+ inch lip. For the nr 360 I normally dip a scrap piece of shelf liner in water and toss it in, the increased surface area really helps bump up the moisture.

I moved chicks way before they're dry.
I actually don't think I've ever had a chick dry in an incubator.

I'm not calling the hatch yet, but I think these 13 are all I'm getting.
PXL_20210506_043042193.jpg

Ok, I moved our five hatches to the brooder!

image.jpg

I checked on the egg that pipped on the pointed end and it’s alive, it poked its beak out when I picked it up. It still hasn’t made any progress. @FloorCandy should I pull it and try to get it out? I’ve never had to do it before so I’m worried I’ll make it worse.

Back
Top Bottom