➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Tee...every single time, 99.9% percent of the time, that I have helped an egg it has either died or I've had to kill it.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, to be honest. I can’t see how I’d be any better getting it out of there, I’m the person in our house who always ends up with eggshell in the scrambled eggs. :tongue

I kept 8 of the quail chicks from the EHAL and it looks like 3 (that are feather sexable) are boys for sure!!! :th
The guy who bought female chicks from me today texted me after to see if I had any males, I told him I have several I can’t gender, but I’m happy to give him 1 free in a few weeks when I can tell, I’m sure fate will bless me with plenty haha.

9F085154-1A8D-44C8-8904-A58ED8D544EE.jpeg

5E83DDAD-ABE4-4428-A7B2-8BFCB54EA370.jpeg

Celadon #5 & #9 have made good on their escape!! Poor dummy #3 has not made much new progress however. :(

8DA1D41E-5433-4E93-9AE6-A123C3A3B5CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmmm, that egg is very narrow at the point, the other angle photo it looked more round. How long has it been since it’s first pip? Is it still moving and trying?
I noticed it pipped this morning at 10am, it’s 10:30pm now. It made the hole a bit bigger but that’s it. I can pull it and try to help it once these two goobers dry off enough to move to the brooder? I’m guessing they’ll need about an hour or so to dry off?

I noticed it pipped this morning at 10am, it’s 10:30pm now. It made the hole a bit bigger but that’s it. I can pull it and try to help it once these two goobers dry off enough to move to the brooder? I’m guessing they’ll need about an hour or so to dry off?
I think you should leave them in until more hatch, imo, I wouldn’t risk the pipped eggs to open the bator, for an egg that probably has a wry neck curl toe splay leg chick inside. It looks like its zip is turning to the side and will be making a hole in the center of the egg because it can’t turn properly inside. I find that when this happens, the chick is often wry necked from having its neck curled that way inside for long. Some recover, some don’t. If it has not continued to zip around the top, you can check on it when you take the others out. I usually wait about 12 to 16 hours from first hatch to remove the first load of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom