➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I'm getting a little nervous. My blue balls air cells are much larger than my HG eggs.
IMG_20210507_173525.gif
IMG_20210507_173522.gif
IMG_20210507_173437.gif

@Enthusiast do you think you'll be selling eggs for your black quail separately? I bought a variety box and had a good hatch, and I was hopeful some of the darker ones were blacks but now I'm not so sure.

@Enthusiast do you think you'll be selling eggs for your black quail separately? I bought a variety box and had a good hatch, and I was hopeful some of the darker ones were blacks but now I'm not so sure.
I'm sorry you didn't get any. I always include a few eggs from them in boxes. Honestly don't think I'll offer them separately anytime soon. A few breeders have them now and should start selling them

Has anyone used a heating pad type warmer for quail chicks? I see lots of threads on using them with baby chickens. I just wondered if they are good for quail chicks too.
Not really...unless you lay it flat on the floor and make sure the dummies can't get under it.

I have used it before this way but I prefer using a regular light bulb in a clippy lamp.

Not really...unless you lay it flat on the floor and make sure the dummies can't get under it.

I have used it before this way but I prefer using a regular light bulb in a clippy lamp.
right now I have two incandescent bulbs but the brooder is only 85 degrees. One is a red reptile lamp... I had two but one burnt out in a matter of hours. I worry that it won't be warm enough and if another goes out while I am sleeping. well... I can't imagine it would be good. Chicks are not here yet but went on lockdown today. So I don't have a lot of time. I also live many miles from just about anything, even walmart. So I wondered about a heating pad I have here. I did put a third bulb in a few minutes ago but I have my doubts it is going to work. The brooder is a large rubbermade type bin. So trying to brainstorm a solution.

right now I have two incandescent bulbs but the brooder is only 85 degrees. One is a red reptile lamp... I had two but one burnt out in a matter of hours. I worry that it won't be warm enough and if another goes out while I am sleeping. well... I can't imagine it would be good. Chicks are not here yet but went on lockdown today. So I don't have a lot of time. I also live many miles from just about anything, even walmart. So I wondered about a heating pad I have here. I did put a third bulb in a few minutes ago but I have my doubts it is going to work. The brooder is a large rubbermade type bin. So trying to brainstorm a solution.
You can try putting the pad under the brooder, so if the light goes out they have ground heat at least. Last hatch I had a brand new red light burn out on its first night. Hubby got up for a conference call before the sun, and came running down to tell me to get up, a light burned out and the chicks looked really bad. I didn’t lose any, but there were a few on deaths door.

Back
Top Bottom