āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

What's everyone's experience when opening the incubator for early birds? Five hatched today and needed to be taken out. I opened the incubator carefully and quickly several times. Temps may have dropped five degrees for a minute or so. I see 1 pip and the rest of the eggs intact with 1 1/2 day to go until day 17. I know it's early. I know I should have some confidence, but I'm so afraid that the early open will jinx the upcoming ones.
I've never had a problem. I put a few drops of water onto a paper towel to bring humidity back up quickly.

My button quail just hatched her first chicks and I have no idea how many. But she is doing an amazing job so far. They are all under her. Maybe you can see a tiny fluffy butt under her. I am so happy. šŸ˜ Already changed the food to something more appropriate.

Attachments

• IMG_20210623_070532.jpg
    IMG_20210623_070532.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 8
I just candled my eggs on Day 10ā€¦out of 24 only 14 were fertile and 12 look good with blood vessels and movement! 6 Celadons and 6 Pansy Fees! šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ» I get more hens this time than my last hatch that was 2/9 hens/roos. This part of the waiting game is the hardest, it feels so close but itā€™s still a week away!

Hatching has begun!!! One out and #2 zipping! I was just about to give up because I didnā€™t know the exact date these eggs were laid since they were in the aviary patio box when I returned from vacation. I moved them to the incubator at approximately day 7-10 and we had the extended power outage while they were inside.

Hatching has begun!!! One out and #2 zipping! I was just about to give up because I didnā€™t know the exact date these eggs were laid since they were in the aviary patio box when I returned from vacation. I moved them to the incubator at approximately day 7-10 and we had the extended power outage while they were inside.
You're giving me hope. I have 7 on day 17 and no movement. . .the rest of the hatch has been out for more than 24 hours and is dry and happy. I'm pretty sure these eggs got exactly the same treatment so. . .I'm starting to feel sad.

Back
Top Bottom