➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

It could be nine chicks my button quail hatched, just found another empty shell. That means all of the eggs she sat on hatched. Wow. Here is some of them, they all look like their father. Should I provide an additional heat source later on? Because dad doesn't care about the chicks. But since he is not aggressive, he can stay. I am worried mom will have a hard time keeping them all warm as they grow.

Attachments

• IMG_20210623_172535.jpg
    IMG_20210623_172535.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 7
It could be nine chicks my button quail hatched, just found another empty shell. That means all of the eggs she sat on hatched. Wow. Here is some of them, they all look like their father. Should I provide an additional heat source later on? Because dad doesn't care about the chicks. But since he is not aggressive, he can stay. I am worried mom will have a hard time keeping them all warm as they grow.
I had a heat lamp set at about 80's to 90's for shana when she hatched and raised her 7 babies, since she has a open air netting, it helped to keep her warm and the babies once they got too big to all fit 🤣

I take everything back! Dad Button quail is really growing into his role. He went from pulling babies feet to feeding them and is now sitting on two babies. It just took him some time to get used to being a dad. Don't give up if your male is not great with chicks from the start! ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_133553.jpg
    IMG_20210624_133553.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom