➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

He's the kind Kiki wants.

He passed during the night :-( I contacted the seller last night and she told me that I can buy Tibetan tux eggs on her website and to refer to her card that came with the eggs. I can't find the card! That chick was my favorite and I want more!

Side note...I think it had a respiratory infection because by last night it was crackling when it breathed.

Lower it.
I didn't think about it being caused by all those soggy egg shells in the incubator, I removed them all. There are still 5 "alive" but no external pips, so i don't know if these stragglers will make it or not. I hate when a hatch goes south! I can hear chirping in there still... it's at about 50% now that I removed the old shells... :fl
20200224_185904.jpg

11 out of 19 that made it to lockdown, I've got my fingers crossed for a couple more to hatch.

@Kiki will need more info! Lol. But that is a definite "YES!" to your question!
received_178135110284800.jpeg

IMG_20200222_203255~2.jpg

On Saturday February 22nd I received my order of 50 Celadon quail eggs from Reno quail. Upon opening the box I discovered that they were packaged great! One had a little dent in it, but he sent 6 extra, and all of the rest seemed to be in great shape!

I let them sit for several hours to get up to room temperature, candled them for cracks or loose air cells (which I didn't notice any) and placed them in my incubator around 4:30pm.

Forced air incubator with auto turning set to 38c and 55% humidity for the first 16 days, then will bump to 75% humidity on lockdown. (Numbers seem weird, but it's what usually works for me)

I'm super excited because this breeder claims that all (98%) of his hens from this line lay Celadon eggs!

I will candle them on day 6\7 to check for development!

They are due to hatch March 12 (+\-)

Follow along!

My housemate came back after a long weekend and said “The birds got so big! I don’t like that they aren’t little any more, can we hatch some more eggs?” :lau
I sure as heck don’t need to be told twice! As soon as my HGs are laying regularly, the eggs are going in the incubator as a “fertility check” :D
It definitely helps that I was able to sell every one of the falb fee chicks I was willing to part with, too!

Back
Top Bottom