➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

The dummy tries hard to climb out.
IMG_20200408_192628.jpg
IMG_20200408_192629.jpg
IMG_20200408_192631.jpg

It's hard as heck to candle my eggs now with this lightening fast faker running around in there.
For a second I thought another one had hatched because he was way over on the left side then he was magically on the right side...right where I was looking and I didn't see him get there.

I was able to safely candle one egg just now.
It was externally popped.
The other two eggs...:confused:.

I'm going to take a nap and then probably move the zoomer when I wake up.

He is messing with my candling schedule.

I have a quick question. I just was reading where someone recommended putting something down on the incubator floor to help the grip of the chicks. Should I put something like the grippy stuff they put on cupboard bottoms to keep stuff from slipping in for them? I have some already I would just have to cut. I won’t be removing them
Immediately as my incubator humidity fluctuates too much when I open it, so I’ll be waiting and hopefully getting a few out between pips. I believe I’m doing lockdown tomorrow. As I put them in on the evening of the 26th so if I count that day as 0 then tomorrow is day 15. I candled this morning and can’t see anything except for a few air cells in a few of them, can’t see anything in most (which I’m taking as development because I could see into almost every one a few days ago) and have the same 2 clears I had when I candled before, so I’m certain they never developed at all.

I have a quick question. I just was reading where someone recommended putting something down on the incubator floor to help the grip of the chicks. Should I put something like the grippy stuff they put on cupboard bottoms to keep stuff from slipping in for them? I have some already I would just have to cut. I won’t be removing them
Immediately as my incubator humidity fluctuates too much when I open it, so I’ll be waiting and hopefully getting a few out between pips. I believe I’m doing lockdown tomorrow. As I put them in on the evening of the 26th so if I count that day as 0 then tomorrow is day 15. I candled this morning and can’t see anything except for a few air cells in a few of them, can’t see anything in most (which I’m taking as development because I could see into almost every one a few days ago) and have the same 2 clears I had when I candled before, so I’m certain they never developed at all.
The shelf paper should be perfect, and especially as you have no pips yet. I don't think opening the incubator to take out the turner and put in shelf paper will be any kind of a problem at all. If you have too much trouble getting your humidity up high enough for the hatch, you can put in some pieces of damp sponge. Put them in little bowls or jars so the babies can't lay their heads on them and drown.

Back
Top Bottom