āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I haven't guessed most of these colors before (father is a Silver, mothers are Roux Dilute).

20200710_215037.jpg

These two are Roux Dilute, one of them more diluted than normal.

20200710_214801.jpg

This seems to be a mix of Silver and Roux, got two of em.

20200710_214719.jpg

Then I got some, which are kinda very light silvery whites.

20200711_045259.jpg

And some, which have the red eyes, probably are very light Cinnamon.

They are 12-14 days now.
I am wondering, how these colors will be in the end šŸ¤”

I'm on the edge of my seat too, it's just passed the end of hatch day with no signs of movement. I'm beginning to think they got cooked in the post and never had a chance!

I take it back! We have one unzipping now, she's been at it for a few hours and made it about half way round... Humidity is good so hopefully she hasn't got stuck

Last edited:
It's going on 4 hours without any more progress now, still half unzipped and it just pokes its beak out the bottom and peeps once every 30 minutes or so, should i be concerned? They're button eggs so really small, are they more likely to get shrink wrapped?
What's you're humidity at? Can you see the membrane? Does it look white or is it starting to turn a bit brown? If it's only halfway zipped after 4 hours, it probably needs help.

What's you're humidity at? Can you see the membrane? Does it look white or is it starting to turn a bit brown? If it's only halfway zipped after 4 hours, it probably needs help.

Humidity is at 70%, I'm finding it hard to tell if the membrane is visible or if it's just pieces of the shell. I have a picture here, the pip is right on top and you can see the beak just poking out the bottom which is where its been for a while.

I can't see pips on any of the others yet but it's very tricky to see in. I've also spotted a couple of droplets of moisture dripping out where the beak is positioned.

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 5
Humidity is at 70%, I'm finding it hard to tell if the membrane is visible or if it's just pieces of the shell. I have a picture here, the pip is right on top and you can see the beak just poking out the bottom which is where its been for a while.

I can't see pips on any of the others yet but it's very tricky to see in.
Because this one is so close to hatching, I would pop the top off of the egg for it. It's probably stuck, and it might not make it even with help, but it will only take a moment, and once the top is off, it should be able to get out on its own.

Back
Top Bottom