āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

A pic of my 2 week old quail from my first hatch of cotournixView attachment 2242713

Very cute, ... mine are also a bit over 2 weeks old. Unfortunately they are growing so fast ... I love the fluffy bumblebee stage.

How warm is it in your appartment? As they are nearly fully feathered, you normally can remove the heat source after 2 weeks, if the surrounding temperature is right.
I removed the heatplates sunday and I got 25Ā°C (77Ā°F) in my flat, which is absolutly ok at this age. As they are going outside this weekend, they should be also be used to lower temps.

Hereā€™s the speckled celadon egg I was talking about. I get 1 a day usually.
1463DBC2-C4AB-4AA4-8DE6-F99950AC7D01.jpeg

Unfortunately I got no green thumb, ... but I want to seed chickweed this weekend, as greens for my quails. Seeds just arrived today.
I read, that they love it.

This should not be expert level šŸ™ˆ
I have killed every plant for 4 years and finally this year I got the hang of gardening. Iā€™m not super good, but better than I was. Iā€™m sure in the years to come, Iā€™ll have more. I started small. We have 15 tomato plants though šŸ˜‚

My quail do not like anything but watermelon slices on a hot day. Iā€™ve tried to give them herbs and veggies, but they donā€™t eat them.

They do like mint and parsley in their waterer.

C
I have killed every plant for 4 years and finally this year I got the hang of gardening. Iā€™m not super good, but better than I was. Iā€™m sure in the years to come, Iā€™ll have more. I started small. We have 15 tomato plants though šŸ˜‚

My quail do not like anything but watermelon slices on a hot day. Iā€™ve tried to give them herbs and veggies, but they donā€™t eat them.

They do like mint and parsley in their waterer.
Cukes are melonish... I wonder whether they'd like them?

Back
Top Bottom