➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

My husband wants her to go at home. I can’t stand watching her.
We are dealing with this with Red. Hubby has his blinders on. Our 12 year old Red has severe hip dysplasia, has horrible arthritis and in the past six months has developed some loss of vision and hearing. I'm using a belly band with him now. He is stress shedding which lets me know he is failing. Meds offer some comfort but not enough. I am the caregiver and hubby is very attached to Red.
We had to put Gracie to sleep last Dec 5. I think hubby is fearing having to do this again.
Definitely not an easy time.
Definitely the worst part of owning a dog. :( So sorry for you and Kiki.

If it comes to it, I’d rather have a vet come to our house to euthanize our pup as he is terrified of vet clinics. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it worth it?
Yes. And yes it is worth it. Our dog before Gracie was put to sleep at home with our college age daughter holding her. It was peaceful for Prissy and for our daughter. Our vet had treated Prissy since she was a puppy. She was so helpful, explaining the process to Sarah.

Actually here in calif you can’t adopt from the shelters. Unless you want a badly bred pit bull or chihuahua. That’s all that is left. The rescues sweep through and take any adoptable dog they can find. Nothing left. You can’t find a suitable family dog in the shelter.
That's so true. We got our last dog at the shelter by pure luck. We were the shelter registering our other dogs and saw her. She has just come in and was still recovering from being spayed. We had to take her on the spot, as she was slated to be picked up by a rescue organization at the end of the day. Some of the rescues are great, and some are run by some real jerks who make adopting a dog a really unpleasant experience.

Last edited:
Definitely the worst part of owning a dog. :( So sorry for you and Kiki.

If it comes to it, I’d rather have a vet come to our house to euthanize our pup as he is terrified of vet clinics. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it worth it?
I have a vet that will come out. It’s just so hard to make the decision. I have to make an appt. well how do I know what I will be ready. She is still going out to potty and drinking water.

We are dealing with this with Red. Hubby has his blinders on. Our 12 year old Red has severe hip dysplasia, has horrible arthritis and in the past six months has developed some loss of vision and hearing. I'm using a belly band with him now. He is stress shedding which lets me know he is failing. Meds offer some comfort but not enough. I am the caregiver and hubby is very attached to Red.
We had to put Gracie to sleep last Dec 5. I think hubby is fearing having to do this again.

Yes. And yes it is worth it. Our dog before Gracie was put to sleep at home with our college age daughter holding her. It was peaceful for Prissy and for our daughter. Our vet had treated Prissy since she was a puppy. She was so helpful, explaining the process to Sarah.
There is no harder or more heartbreaking decision in pet ownership that this. My heart goes out to you and Red.

It is so hard.
That's so true. We got our last dog at the shelter by pure luck. We were the shelter registering are other dogs and saw her. She has just come in and was still recovering from being spayed. We had to take her on the spot, as she was slated to be picked up by a rescue organization at the end of the day. Some of the rescues are great, and some are run by some real jerks who make adopting a dog a

You are correct.

It is definitely a money making operation. They charge a lot of money too.

Yeah, there is no possible way they AREN’T making money. Shots don’t cost that much.

PETA does want to end all animal ownership.

Yeah, and HSUS too, but believe it or not there are regular people who are also against breeders, mostly people involved in rescue.

That's so true. We got our last dog at the shelter by pure luck. We were the shelter registering our other dogs and saw her. She has just come in and was still recovering from being spayed. We had to take her on the spot, as she was slated to be picked up by a rescue organization at the end of the day. Some of the rescues are great, and some are run by some real jerks who make adopting a dog a really unpleasant experience.

It really has gotten ridiculous. They take them then triple the price to rehome them (you could get one for like $150 or less probably at the shelter but the rescue might charge like $600) and they’re soooo strict. No fence? Wow you must be a terrible dog owner and you’re automatically just gonna turn your dog loose outside all by himself with zero supervision and let him run away and get hit by a car or poisoned. Or if you use an e fence that’s abuse or he could get eaten. Oooorrrrrr.... maybe he will just be supervised and/or on a long lease outside and taken for lots of walks or to the park or involved in a dog sport, maybe several sports and training, or all of the above. Some breeders think that too

So sorry @Cyprus! Hope the hen turns up.
Sounds like a raccoon attack or even a skunk. Both will pull the bird thru the wire, although a skunk will remove the head to consume the blood.
Marek's remains in the soil of the pen or run. Your bantam babies can remain in a large elevated cage for a while so not to be exposed.
It was a skunk.
My bantam babies are in the garage, where chickens have never been before.

Back
Top Bottom