➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I always have water with me. I have to drink even more now because they told me to so that my body can repair itself.

That makes sense!! I really need to start drinking more water. Or at least like spreading it out more cause I always wait till I’m dehydrated then chug a bunch which probably isn’t the best strategy. :lau

I get super thirsty and down a bunch.

Should probably drink before I get thirsty. :lau

That makes sense!! I really need to start drinking more water. Or at least like spreading it out more cause I always wait till I’m dehydrated then chug a bunch which probably isn’t the best strategy. :lau

I get super thirsty and down a bunch.

Should probably drink before I get thirsty. :lau
Thirst can cause unnecessary hunger too.

Finally managed to catch this kelso hen. She'll be in the breeding stock this year

20200217_182413.jpg

20200217_183829.jpg

This will be her mate

20200201_160614.jpg

20200206_153344.jpg

I haven't had a broody yet... Maybe this year
Yeah good experienced broody hens are valuable. Mine once they go broody I get the whole bucket nest with her in it out the pen. Bring it across the yard and put it in above ground cages and they dont move just get real flat maybe bitch a little bit but stay locked down. Lift her up take her eggs and put eggs I've been saving. When they hatch and dry I take the chicks and put another clutch of eggs in the nest and she goes right back to setting

Yeah good experienced broody hens are valuable. Mine once they go broody I get the whole bucket nest with her in it out the pen. Bring it across the yard and put it in above ground cages and they dont move just get real flat maybe bitch a little bit but stay locked down. Lift her up take her eggs and put eggs I've been saving. When they hatch and dry I take the chicks and put another clutch of eggs in the nest and she goes right back to setting
I think Cochins are supposed to be a breed that goes broody. I have 2 so they better go broody this year.

Back
Top Bottom