• Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Welp, my German pastel quail eggs are supposed to ship on the 31st, which means they should get here sometime around sept 3 most likely. Iā€™ve also got an order in for some calico quail and sex link which I thought would be nice, since I donā€™t want to grow them all out only to find out theyā€™re boys like this last time. Lol. The males are pharaoh and the females roux/egyptian apparently. In the spring Iā€™ll be ordering celadon eggs from the same supplier, as I like their prices and theyā€™ve been great communication-wise.
my broody duck is still faithfully sitting on her 2 (one was dead and smelly) eggs, theyā€™re due around the 11th I think? She seems to be doing fine though so Iā€™ll let her keep going. I have to physically remove her from her nest so she goes and gets some food and water and a bath. lol.

we're on day 12 of incubation here, and I took the opportunity while the broody was off to weigh the eggs; no.1 has lost 7g, no.2 has lost 7g (though that one has some wax patching a cracked area, so that's gotta add something back in), and no.4 has lost 4g, so it would appear all are developing... :fl

I wish I could find some Salmon Faverolle eggs. I had 1 hatch from my first batch and none from any batches since then. She is such a goofball, I love it! I could use some more goofballs in my life. LOL!
I had some shipped and none hatched so this time I hopped in my car and drove 110 miles to pick some up šŸ˜‚ they are my absolute favourite!

I have a broody Silkie pullet I was unsure if I should allow her to raise chicks but advice from others seems like I should go for it so I have her set with 7 eggs today due to hatch in 3 weeks :jumpy
She has 5 of her own eggs and 2 from my 5 year old Silkie.
She was half off the eggs earlier so I slipped them back under her and hope for the best.
I don't own an incubator, I've only hatched under broody hens. I should have a broody or 2 backup available in a couple weeks if she gives up anyway.
IMG20200827155713.jpg

Back
Top Bottom