• Other (elaborate below!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Everose

Movement is medicine 🤸🏻‍♀️
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Greatest Country Ever: Texas
I'm starting OMAD tommorow. Does anybody else fast?

I've been doing 16:8 for a couple days now, and I've done OMAD and ADF/36hr fasting in the past. I LOVE fasting days, I feel so energetic and unstoppable on my fasting days. I'm not doing ADF/36hr fasting right now because I'm on a weightloss program and eating ad libitum for a full day is just really hard for me, because when I'm eating, I'm eating🤷‍♀️. I really just don't stop snacking. So for now while I'm trying to lose weight I'm just doing OMAD.
I'll also be doing a daily workout.

So if you're fasting, exercising, or dieting let me know what you're doing and how it's going!

I don’t know what those other initials stand for but I’m interested to find out! Tried intermittent fasting before, but I have a much better day when I eat breakfast and we don’t eat dinner early soooo…I can fast maybe 12 hours. 😂

My “diet” is mainly trying to eat “from scratch” and eat as little processed foods or seeds oils as possible. Lots of plants, lots of meats, and healthy fats & whole grains. I have a really bad sugar addiction so I try to keep sweets out of the house.

In high school, I skipped breakfast and lunch. But then I ate from about the time I got home till I went to bed. I packed on about 50 lbs in 3 years. But I was eating JUNK. I discovered how much I love sweets, and yeah, I didn't have a sweet tooth, all of them were sweet teeth.

I've been trying the 16:8, and on days when hubby works, I can do it. When he's home, it's more like 14:10. I think I'd do better if we could have dinner at 4 pm... that's not going to happen.

What I really need is more exercise. Being outside in the cold does not inspire me. I want to work in my garden, but it's under the snow right now.

I don’t know what those other initials stand for but I’m interested to find out!
ADF= Alternate Day Fasting, you can do it two different ways. 36hr fasting means you eat nothing for a whole day and the next day you eat ad libitum (as much as you want whenever you want) or 24hr fasting where you do OMAD one day and you eat ad libitum the next day. 24hr ADF is great for maintenance, or for losing a little weight over a long period of time, like 2lbs per week.
Tried intermittent fasting before, but I have a much better day when I eat breakfast and we don’t eat dinner early soooo…I can fast maybe 12 hours. 😂
If your body doesn't have ketones present you'll probably feel pretty hangry because your body is lacking it's main energy source: glucose.
My “diet” is mainly trying to eat “from scratch” and eat as little processed foods or seeds oils as possible. Lots of plants, lots of meats, and healthy fats & whole grains. I have a really bad sugar addiction so I try to keep sweets out of the house.
That's great!

Once I'm in maintenance mode my plan is to be primal paleo, and I'll try to do a 36hr fast once a week.

think I'd do better if we could have dinner at 4 pm... that's not going to happen.
I have a similar problem. I only just finished my dinner and it's 8:30 here.
I really need to eat around 6:00 but I don't think that's gonna happen.
What I really need is more exercise. Being outside in the cold does not inspire me. I want to work in my garden, but it's under the snow right now.
Today I'll just be doing a mild full body workout.
Bowflex has some great bodyweight hiit workouts.
I LOVE this one!

I don't like to put any efforts into anything.
Me neither, but I am usually wayyyy different on a fasting day. I'll whip out my chefs hat and apron to prepare a three course meal for my one-hour eating window, literally anything tastes good when you're nice and hungry😄. I swear, fasting makes grapefruit taste like candy.

I don't eat a thing untill 10:30 am and nothing after 6pm. Two meals, two snacks, no soda. Water and sweet tea with meal.
weight comes off quick. When i hit my target of 180 i do as i please. If i hit 200, its back to it. And like most, thanksgiving and Christmas packs it back on.

Back
Top Bottom