1 acre Mini-Farm GA

ALl I gave you was my opinion, (which BTW is NOT uneducated as you try to claim.) Just so you know "calling names" is against BYC policy, not to mention very immature and rude. I went by your listing agents MLS info and data location stat sheets. I was just giving a heads up to fellow potential buyers. I didn't say anything mean or nasty, just stated a fact of the local market and how its sadly gone down. The econmy is doing a job on everyone. I hope you do sell it and for what you want for it. No hard feelings geesh!
smile.png

Real estate is a funny thing. There have been very few markets where one could say.."I will only take my asking price" or "I know the exact value of my house." I have been selling real estate for almost 11 years now and I have to say it's tough going out there (in NY anyway).

BUT with a property like yours you may get someone, like you said, who wants chickens or small livestock and they may pay a little but more than someone who does not. It's gonna take some time but you'll find someone...It's funny real estate is a business but it is a very personal business...you are selling someone's largest investment (both emotionally and financially). Emotions tend to flare a lil. Also the media needs to shut up for a couple weeks and the housing market would improve drastically. There are alot of great mortgage options right now but that gets drowned out by all the bad news.

I wish you luck with your sale and your move. I would love to move somewhere I could have horses and goats but that's not gonna happen for a long time. Again best of luck.

Okay, a trivia for those of you who like to price real estate, if you will.

My parents just moved to FL. They sold their property FSBO. Tell me what you think they should have gotten for it (and good luck finding comps haha):

3.62 acres, 2 of which are fenced and cross fenced with horse safe diamond mesh fencing. One pasture has been graded perfectly and serves as a 1 acre sod jumper arena.
4 stall barn (30'x 60') with wash rack and tack room, small hay loft and 10' x 20' attached shavings storage
2 small outbuildings for storage
2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home. Office loft overlooking 2 story vault living, kitchen with eating area, formal dining area. Bedrooms are huge. Hardwoods and new carpeting throughout. Sq footage totals about 3500'. Editied to add - main portion of home is 30 years old, HALF of the sq footage is an addition (matching architecture perfectly) and is 8 years old)

Located in Ball Ground, GA.

Let's have it. I'll give the answer once someone has guessed.

Last edited:
$250,000-300,000? It's a nice lot, barn, etc., but the house is small (bedrooms anyways). Just a guess though, since I know nothing about the area.

Kate, I wouldn't venture a guess about your mom's place. That area is getting very expensive, or was before the bubble burst, as was mine.
Kelly, it's amazing how many 2 bedroom mini-mansions we have here where I live in the mtns, a big second home market. I'm about an hour north of Kate. My own house is 2 bedrooms 2 baths, with a semi-finished bsmt. It's on 5.37 acres total (though, I have my 3.15 acres for sale at the moment). My house is about 1100 sf plus 800 more in the bsmt, if completed. Just over 2 acres of it is livestock-fenced with three coops and a storage shed, small orchard, lots of berries, etc. Lots of big hardwoods and some mtn laurel and rhododendron. View of mountains in two states, at least in the fall and winter. Before the bubble burst, I might could have gotten 250K for it, a bit less now, I would imagine. It's chicken-friendly, which is becoming harder and harder to find.
Ione, I'm not officially moving, but if someone gave me a decent amt for this house on the entire acreage, I would, to Tennessee. And no more mortgages for me.

Cyn, why Tennessee? And where in Tennessee?

Kate, Id have to see a picture of it and the surrounding area, theres no way to make a guess off of a description like that.

Last edited:
Dear Florida chick,
Think about it like this........you have listed chickens and other things for sale on this forum. What if I came in to one of your threads and told people that they could buy those very same chickens for cheaper somewhere else? Again making that comment without specific knowledge on you and your flock. How would those comments affect you?
You also assume that people needed your help and by assuming that, people in the market are uneducated. Not so! People are quite savy and are better educated now, in real estate, than ever!
I never called you a name! Your opinion is uneducated because you don't know our area and you only mentioned the house listed for $129......not the ones that are listed for $200 to $1 mil. Not every listing is on Realtor.com. So your post seemed hateful.
No hard feelings! I hope you understand why I could not let your comments go unaddressed.

I would like to encourage everyone to think about how your actions affect others and ...."If you don't have something NICE to say........"
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom