1 Sick Chick, 1 Crooked Foot & 1 Wing Issue

Once she is done with the Corid, get her on some poultry vitamins that contain B2(Riboflavin) or you can give her 1/4tablet of human B-Complex daily for a week. Wait until you are finished with the Corid though.

She may have some leg issues, sometimes it's hard to know. Do you have a photo of her standing on her own?
The one with crooked feet, that looks like a genetic deformity - could be from improper incubation or even parent stock deficiency. I don't believe you had anything to do with that. Are you offering vitamins to her that has B2? Crooked toes are different from "curled toes". Most of the time Crooked ones cannot be fixed. Curled ones if caught early can sometimes be corrected, but not always.
She may learn to adapt, but sadly sometimes if there is an "external" deformity, there could also be internal development problems too and chicks fail to thrive.

I know you are doing everything you can for them. I hate to say it, but time will tell how this all comes out. Just keep doing what you're doing:hugs

The yellow one is now slowly walking so I think she’ll be ok! I attached some pictures.

Thanks for your thoughts on Crooked foot. I will just keep trying and see how it turns out. She was the largest chick we received so it’s just so surprising, but she’s definitely not growing as fast as the others. I have been giving them the liquid vitamins with b2 mixed with their food, but I’ve now taken her out of the brooder to make sure she’s able to eat and not getting trampled.

Attachments

• 0DFD09AA-AA94-44A8-9970-BC3C2E9F6F6A.jpeg
    0DFD09AA-AA94-44A8-9970-BC3C2E9F6F6A.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 2
  • B93A7BAB-E4F0-4760-921C-64AA0EA16386.jpeg
    B93A7BAB-E4F0-4760-921C-64AA0EA16386.jpeg
    489.1 KB · Views: 2
  • BB46F670-F4E6-43EB-947F-ADF6A8F25E03.jpeg
    BB46F670-F4E6-43EB-947F-ADF6A8F25E03.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 99BB05A7-2427-48E4-8468-CE7FF2C06832.jpeg
    99BB05A7-2427-48E4-8468-CE7FF2C06832.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 2
The yellow one is now slowly walking so I think she’ll be ok! I attached some pictures.

Thanks for your thoughts on Crooked foot. I will just keep trying and see how it turns out. She was the largest chick we received so it’s just so surprising, but she’s definitely not growing as fast as the others. I have been giving them the liquid vitamins with b2 mixed with their food, but I’ve now taken her out of the brooder to make sure she’s able to eat and not getting trampled.
The white one still doesn't look like she's feeling very well.
Is her crop emptying overnight?
Do you have photos of her poop?

The other one - Cream Legbar? Does her leg always stick out like that on the side?
It also looks like the wrapped foot leg is bigger than the other and the hock is rotated?
Is that right? Sometimes the angle of photos can make things appear different than in "real life".
If the leg is rotated, then I would take a guess that she has rotated tibia or could be Valgus Varus or some other leg bone deformity.

upload_2019-2-23_12-22-16.png

upload_2019-2-23_12-23-59.png

The white one still doesn't look like she's feeling very well.
Is her crop emptying overnight?
Do you have photos of her poop?

The other one - Cream Legbar? Does her leg always stick out like that on the side?
It also looks like the wrapped foot leg is bigger than the other and the hock is rotated?
Is that right? Sometimes the angle of photos can make things appear different than in "real life".
If the leg is rotated, then I would take a guess that she has rotated tibia or could be Valgus Varus or some other leg bone deformity.

View attachment 1681977

View attachment 1681978

Here’s a photo of her poop. I am not sure about the crop, I am not familiar. I googled sour crop and she doesn’t seem to have any of the symptoms.

Yes, the cream leg bars leg is definitely rotated now, this just happened in the last day or two. Originally it was just the toes but now the leg is rotated out to the left and her other, normal leg is very weak and constantly shaking since she’s putting all her weight on it.

Attachments

• 008FF284-5B35-4401-B340-67EA1228A7D7.jpeg
    008FF284-5B35-4401-B340-67EA1228A7D7.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 2
Posting a sad update here

After no progress with the cream leg bar, I brought her to the vet and she had to be put down. The vet thought it was likely a birth defect. Both legs became rotated and she started showing neurological signs.

I came home and the onagadori chick, who had recovered and been put back with the others, was walking around crazily in circles with her head backwards most of the time. It is clear today she is sick again and I’ve isolated her. She can walk but falls over like she’s off balance.

Has anyone seen something like this before?

Back
Top Bottom