10 Baby Wood Ducks (1st thought they were Mallards)

Pics
They're eating my chick grower feed right now, which is about 17%. Didn't buy anything special for them because ... well, you know. Since they're in with the pullets (and somewhat bonded to those wild and crazy girls), everyone eats whatever I put out for the ducks. Guess I'll have to do some nutritional research for the ducks when the pullets are ready to move on to big-girl food.

Not sure if these babies (ducks) will be able to handle pellets. Hmmm. ... Silly me. If they can down a whole acorn, they should be able to eat pellets.

These guys love to eat. They have the pullet feed. (I've even seen them climb into the coop to eat it out of the hanging feeder.) They love scratch. I give it to them because it has grains. They like fruit, and I sometimes toss mixed lettuce greens into their pool, and they chow down on that too.

Tonight.

They panicked. One flew back into the yard. The other flew towards our garden and smacked into the 9 foot fence then off into the other direction. I stood at the open pen with 3 duck inside thinking, "That's it. Now we have 3." That's when little miss wayward duck came waddling around the corner of the pen.

Earlier before flight practice.

20190914_172531.jpg

Back
Top Bottom