10 day old chick twitching, lethargic

rutvica

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2015
I found one of my little australorps laying on the floor of the brooder...he looks tottaly healthy, nothing suspicious on his legs, beak, eyes, under wing... nothing, but when I put him down he does not run, but moves around with his wings spread out and then he lays on the floor while other chicks walk over him... then I noticed he started twitching also, so I took him and now he is resting in my hand... he pooped a little, poop looks normal... so, I don't know...should I separate him from the others so they don't stomp on him...or does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with him?

so...still just holding it in my hand... with no idea what to do with him
hu.gif
If I put him with the others, he just shivers in one spot, if I put him in a separate box he cries out. in my hand he sleeps, he drank some water from my finger and that's it for now...

so...still just holding it in my hand... with no idea what to do with him
hu.gif
If I put him with the others, he just shivers in one spot, if I put him in a separate box he cries out. in my hand he sleeps, he drank some water from my finger and that's it for now...

Yeah I wouldn't put him in a separate box. Sadly this doesn't sound good so make him as comfy as you can.

Well, I am happy to say that he might be better. He slept over in our bed for a night, protesting and squeezing up against us whenever we would move, and in the morning he started eating and drinking again, so we put him back wit h the others. For a day he was still a bit slower, but today he is as chirpy as the rest. So I hope he will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom