10 month old not sleeping or eating solid foods anymore????

robbdebbie

Professional Chicken Bather
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Madisonville, LA
I will start off by saying that this is my third child, so I am not a newbie at this. I am also experienced enough to know whne to get some outside advice
lol.png

My son is breastfed, and up until last week ate baby food 3-4 times per day. He wasn't a picky eater, and loved all different flavors. He now flatly refuses to eat any baby food. I have tried to mash up our food and give that to him thinking he wants less liquid food (didn't work it was too different made yucky face) I bought the toddler baby foods that are actual bit sized foods (didn't work smae face and didn't want to touch slimy stuff) and finally I gave him a chicken nugget that my daughter was eating after he was loudly complaining at her. He ate it of course. Now I feel like all he wants to eat is finger foods that are not slimy (which isn't much) Is this a phase? Someone said that he might just want to feed himself. Any ideas?

Next problem. He has never slept more than 4 hours before waking to eat, and most of the time is is every 2 hours. He is a very light sleeper and wakes up if he hears a door shut from across the house. I have a box fan in his room that is helping a bit. I have let him cry it out. Still wakes up all night long. I only have done the cio for when he is falling asleep, but not when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Does he really need to eat then? Should I try to let him cry a bit then?

He now has two top teeth, and two bottom teeth. The top teeth are half way in. He is very chunky, and active. He actually is almost walking. He also is saying a few things. He is much more advanced skills wise than my other children, but for lack of a better word a "mama's boy" Wants to nurse and be by me. He has started to bite if I don't nurse him.

Thanks for the advice,
Debbie

He is old enough and has enough teeth to eat finger food. I would go ahead and give him that. Lily doesn't like "SLIMY" food either. Get some Graduate food for him would be good.

At that age, they should be sleeping through the night. Try giving him a bottle with a lil bit of rice cereal in it. Sometimes that helps. Also try giving him a bath with Chamomile baby bath (night time bath). I do have problems with Baby Lily staying up all night and she is 18 months now but that's only cuz I kinda got her scheduled FLIPPED completely upside down, which is changing now. More sleep at night, less sleep during the day. She gets no more then a total of 2 hours of a nap (broken up is fine...sometimes she sleeps 1 hour around late morning, say 10am, then 1 hour in the afternoon, about 2pm. She is up at 6am with the other kids).

I nursed my 1st son to 14 mo. and only stopped because he would rather eat real food.

I would let him get a bit hungry
hide.gif
then try something he really likes and basic like mashed bananas w/ cereal.

I did the cereal in the evenings to get my non-sleeper give us a break at night.

Okay I am going to stay off the nursing comments and age limits because thats not what you posted asking for help about! I would talk first to your childs pediatrician! You know your baby best and I am sure he/she will have some suggestions about the food and sleep problems you are having! Good Luck! Every child is different!

Hey! Im just a slow typer... by the time I posted my month, there was like two more posts before me!!!
lol.png

I didn't mean to make it seem like a contest.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom