10 month old not sleeping or eating solid foods anymore????

Congrats on the breastfeeding (and there is no time limit, I breastfed my daughter till she was 3!) I co-slept with my daughter for a long time, a long long time
big_smile.png
I learnt pretty early on how to go right back to sleep after she latched on, sometime in the second year I think, I didn't even wake up at all - she knew where it was!
big_smile.png
(belly up and help yourself, bar is open!)

Don't fret on the eating part, if he is nursing he is still getting plenty of the good stuff! (could he be teething and in a little discomfort?)

I wouldn't ever let my kids cry it out, babies cry for a reason, they're not old enough to manipulate anyone, there is a reason, he's uncomfortable, or in pain or some reason, don't just ignore that, even if he just wants mommy or daddy to hold him and make him feel better!

All you do by letting them cry it out, is teach them at an early age that you won't be there when they need you! Not really something I wanted to teach my kids, lets face it babies want their mommies - even just to hold them, they need to know there is someone out there that loves them and helps them feel secure!

Quote:
Don't get fussed...it's just that nursing is a very personal bond the momma and baby and it's them that need to work out when it's best to stop. People often have very strong feelings about this and the ones that voice it the loudest are usually the ones that need to keep their noses to themselves. When you have kids you'll meet these people and develop a defense for telling them to bugger off. I have a look that can stop someone at twenty paces, but that's just me.

Ok please don't get on me because I have no kids of my own. I've helped raise 11 neices and nephews and another dozen great neices and nephews in addition to being the Lead Teacher in the Infant room in 2 different DayCares.

When it comes to eating, lots of babies his age start to turn there noses up to things they have always eaten. Now it's time for finger foods, plastic toddler flatware, and a LARGE sheet on the floor to catch all the dropped items.

None Slimy foods
French Fries-baked or fried use a touch of sea salt or some salt free catsup for extra flavor
Baby Carrots--steam them, they are soft and chewable but not slimy
Green Beans, Wax Beans right out of the can
Zukes & other squash--cut into finger size pieces- dip them in a ranch
Mac and cheese--they seem to like it best when it's leftover and cold coming out of the fridge. They also like different shaped pastas the most.
Chicken Nuggets(gag!) You can make your own that don't have all that process "stuff" in them. Just make sure they are small so if he stuffs on in his mouth he doesn't choke on it.
Other proteins the same way. Little pieces make sure that beef is very tender. NO HOT DOGS!! We still have incidents in HIGH School with kids choking on them.

Thanks everyone for all of the advice!!!!!

He has been to a pediatric gast. dr when he was younger for reflux. He is currently on Zantac, and since about August he has stopped spitting up. I am so sorry to hear that your baby wasn't diagnosised earlier for Celiac disease. William is still gaining weight, so right now I think he is just going through some changes. I am going to get those teething tablets. THey sound like something I need to try out. I had never given my other children table food so early, but it just seems like that is what he wants. He just isn't very good at getting it into his mouth. I guess he will get better at feeding himself, and I won't so concerned about the amount of food he is eating.

When I picked my five year old up from school yesterday she was eating a snack. When she got into the car William was leaning up in his car seat just staring at her. It was so funny. He was like "um, where is mine?" He grunted a couple of times, and she gave him some. It was baked cheetoes. He was in heaven. He at a few pieces of noodles and carrots from some chicken noodle soup today.

Quote:
There is no age limit for nursing. I know a lady that is still nursing her 5 year old
ep.gif

I love breast feeding mamas, I never could get the hang of it, and I still feel guilty. I get my eggs from a wonderful guy, that nursed behind the church door on Sunday till he was 5. He didn't have to hide at home, but I know people talked about it for years . . .
lau.gif

Quote:
Don't get fussed...it's just that nursing is a very personal bond the momma and baby and it's them that need to work out when it's best to stop. People often have very strong feelings about this and the ones that voice it the loudest are usually the ones that need to keep their noses to themselves. When you have kids you'll meet these people and develop a defense for telling them to bugger off. I have a look that can stop someone at twenty paces, but that's just me.

IDK...I'm debating on not having kids. It really just does not seem like a good idea to me. I like playing with them, but after awhile, I want them gone. I stopped breastfeeding at 14 weeks so I guess that may have something to do with it?? (As in when I was a baby, not when I had a baby...which I haven't. Because it just does not seem like a good idea...)

Last edited:
Quote:

IDK...I'm debating on not having kids. It really just does not seem like a good idea to me. I like playing with them, but after awhile, I want them gone. I stopped breastfeeding at 14 weeks so I guess that may have something to do with it?? (As in when I was a baby, not when I had a baby...which I haven't. Because it just does not seem like a good idea...)

14 weeks is plenty. It really is a personal choice. 14 weeks allows a mother to pass on the most important stuff and then some
big_smile.png

at 10 months old and teething he may want the more solid finger type foods as he's cutting those teeth. It is actually helpful. Also, I'd consider getting an infant toothbrush at this point to work on his teeth and gums. **Bubble gum flavored baby toothpaste is what I'd recommend. And baby asprin for those sore gums. Teething rings...etc etc.

Some kids at that age fly right through that stage without problems, others (sounds like this one is) is being a bit picky, and his taste buds are probably starting to change. I think my grand baby who lives with us was starting to eat big people food (cut up of course) at 9 months. She loved the chicken fries, as she would gnaw on them on the sore side, then switch up.

Good luck kiddo
smile.png
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yeah but there is still plenty to pass on after that.

All mom's natural immunities get passed on (not immunity from shots as that has long worn off) if mom had chicken pox or anything like that, the baby will be protected while still breastfeeding.

Breastmilk is so amazing, and can be used for all kinds of things, for cuts and bruises, for ear ache, blocked nose and eye infections... diaper rash, etc. etc.. the list is endless and worth keeping up as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom