10 Week Old Barnevelder - thought /hoped pullet - but she’s trying to crow!

Pullet or Cockrel?

• It’s A GIRL!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CoastChick

Chirping
Jan 22, 2022
Northern California
I have a 10 week old, who I am hopeful is a pullet- she looks to have more rounded feathers, soft features, beautiful eyes, mustard legs, but she has a bright comb and adorable little wattles. I have a little Easter Egger cockerel who started growing last week.. also 10 weeks old. His feather shape is incredibly different. You can already see saddle feathers comb and wattles are much bigger and he’s definitely taking on a more masculine energy. Olive, my Barnevelder in question does have a stronger personality, and yesterday I caught her, imitating Leroy, my cockerel! She did a funny little honk crow twice, right after he did it. She hasn’t made that sound anytime other than right after Leroy did it. Is she imitating him because she is not a she? Is she just challenging his authority? Do you think she’s a pullet or a cockerel ? Can I get some opinions on this? I tried to get several different sides of this gorgeous bird. She’s black with purple and kind of a copper, I’ve read so many things that say that Barnevelder are dark brown but this one looks black. And I added a couple pictures of Leroy to the mix just to compare thickness and feather shapes, combs, and wattles.
IMG_1452.jpeg
IMG_1450.jpeg IMG_1448.jpeg IMG_1444.jpeg IMG_1402.jpeg IMG_1386.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom