10 week old Cream legbar not walking

LisaC87

In the Brooder
May 10, 2022
Hi. I have a 10 week old cream legbar that was completely normal yesterday and when I got up this morning to feed them I noticed she wasn’t getting up or walking. So I separated her and gave her nutri drench orally and some in her water. I then fed her scrambled eggs and she ate and drank normally. Then this afternoon I noticed that it seems that her breathing is labored a bit so I put some vetRx under her wings. Anything I’m missing or any ideas what it might be and what I can do? Thanks

How is her comb color? Is she having any droppings that look unusual for her? Any diarrhea, blood in her poop? Is it hot where you are? I would make sure that she is drinking plenty of fluids. You can also wet her food and eggs to get more fluids into her. Keep her warm.

How is her comb color? Is she having any droppings that look unusual for her? Any diarrhea, blood in her poop? Is it hot where you are? I would make sure that she is drinking plenty of fluids. You can also wet her food and eggs to get more fluids into her. Keep her warm.
Hi. Everything looks normal. But I woke up this morning and one leg was going all the way forward and the other all the way back. When I pulled her feathers back by her left wing it looks like her leg bone is sticking up but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• ice cream 2.jpg
    ice cream 2.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 8
  • ice cream 3.jpg
    ice cream 3.jpg
    785.3 KB · Views: 6
  • ice cream.jpeg
    ice cream.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 8
Everything is looking normal except the breathing and her legs not moving

I was giving nutridrench yesterday and will try poultry cell today. I really hope it's not mareks. I put her with my other cream legbar so she wouldn't be alone but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have done that. And also wondering if I should put the healthy cream legbar back with the rest of the flock. I have 22 other chicks and they've all been together since the beginning and all the others seem healthy.

I was giving nutridrench yesterday and will try poultry cell today. I really hope it's not mareks. I put her with my other cream legbar so she wouldn't be alone but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have done that. And also wondering if I should put the healthy cream legbar back with the rest of the flock. I have 22 other chicks and they've all been together since the beginning and all the others seem healthy.
Definitely look into the vitamin suggestion in the post above. I have read so many success stories after using the vitamin therapy.

I had one like this. Eventually resolved with a lot of vitamin B2. Fortunately it is very safe so you can’t really overdose on it. I gave that little chick enough for an elephant! You have to give it every day.
For mine it resolved, then I stopped the vitamin supplement and the other leg went bad so I started back up again. Now she is fine just in a normal diet but I gave her a lot of B2 for about 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom