10" wide entry to nesting boxes...

Did you also do the 'turn it up side down for a day or two' before opening and stirring?

We did, and I do think it helps as the stuff towards the bottom is seriously thick. So by flipping it upside down it at least moves it up to the surface, so you can stir it in. Once the texture through the entire bucket is pretty evenly thick, that's when it's ready to go.

For the second coat, as long as you apply it within the expected 7-14ish day window (or less) it shouldn't have separated so badly that you'll struggle to re-mix it.

I went with the Black Jack, and it’s holding up great. If you can mix it with a drill, it will be a lot easier. I poured some on the floor by the walls, and used an old cheap brush to cut into the corners. Then dump some in the floor and us a paint roller on a rolling stick for the main part of the floor. Went on pretty easy.

My chickens (7) always used the same nest box, until one day this week they must have been lined up outside the same box, and I found two eggs nearby in the coop. Yesterday there were 2 eggs in the box neighboring the preferred box. So, even though the guidance is 2 chickens per box, I think you could have three boxes for 10-12 chickens without a problem, based on my experiences.

Geez! Your shop floor is waaaay too clean! Are you putting boxes on outside of coop? I started to, but decided to put it inside and close it off up to the ceiling. The area above it will be boxed in for my electrical stuff. Access doors on outside of coop.

They like dark boxes.. cover or put golf balls in the lighted ones..
I use croker sack/burlap seed bags across the entry ways. Darkens it up in there but it's easy for them to get in and out. Also allows just enough light in for them to see a little. I have even used old pillow cases.
:lau

Back
Top Bottom