10 yr old goose - no eggs

Well My Toulouse goose who will be 7 next month hasn't laid in 3 yrs. First year she didn't lay I was very worried although she acted completely normal. Breeding seasons have always been the same and she even goes into one of the houses and sits like she is going to lay but never does. Her first year of laying she laid 40 eggs. and then only about 20 the rest of the time she laid. I am thinking she laid out. I really have no idea although since she has gone 3 yrs now with out laying an egg I am pretty sure it's nothing physical wrong with her or she would already be gone.

Well My Toulouse goose who will be 7 next month hasn't laid in 3 yrs. First year she didn't lay I was very worried although she acted completely normal. Breeding seasons have always been the same and she even goes into one of the houses and sits like she is going to lay but never does. Her first year of laying she laid 40 eggs. and then only about 20 the rest of the time she laid. I am thinking she laid out. I really have no idea although since she has gone 3 yrs now with out laying an egg I am pretty sure it's nothing physical wrong with her or she would already be gone.
Thank you. Amazing how hard I had to look before finding someone with a similar experience. Now if the gander would just forget about spring and stop trying to protect eggs that aren't there.

She isn't to old to lay that's for sure. Its totally up to her really. She may lay late this year. She may skip a year. She may stop laying all together. As long as she is healthy and acting normal I wouldn't worry.

Back
Top Bottom