11 week old RIR- cockerel or pullet?

tweetzone86

Songster
Jul 23, 2018
Kootenai County, ID
Hello. I am new to backyard chickens and this is my first flock. I have 12 (ordered ten Tractor Supply threw in 2 extra and said I could keep them when I pointed out the error).

The thing is, I can't have roos in city limits on less than 2 acres, and I need to know (I think it's something one could tell pretty definitively by now) if any of my birds are pullets or cockerels. I have one good suspect, but the last thing I want to do is give away a Patrick and find out that "he" is a good layer! :hmm I ordered pullets, but I know it's not 100% accurate.

So I will see if I can number each bird in sharpie on their leg, and post pics of each one and see if any are cockerels so I can rehome them.

Until I get the pics, can people who have RIR's post pictures of their 11 week old cockerels and pullets so I can get an idea? I will post pics as soon as I've got them numbered.

Thanks!

Hello. I am new to backyard chickens and this is my first flock. I have 12 (ordered ten Tractor Supply threw in 2 extra and said I could keep them when I pointed out the error).

The thing is, I can't have roos in city limits on less than 2 acres, and I need to know (I think it's something one could tell pretty definitively by now) if any of my birds are pullets or cockerels. I have one good suspect, but the last thing I want to do is give away a Patrick and find out that "he" is a good layer! :hmm I ordered pullets, but I know it's not 100% accurate.

So I will see if I can number each bird in sharpie on their leg, and post pics of each one and see if any are cockerels so I can rehome them.

Until I get the pics, can people who have RIR's post pictures of their 11 week old cockerels and pullets so I can get an idea? I will post pics as soon as I've got them numbered.

Thanks!
You would know by now if you had cockerels.

I hope you can post pictures soon

Back
Top Bottom