In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2018
Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado
silkie3.jpg
silkie4.jpg
silkie5.jpg
silkie1.jpg
silkie2.jpg
I have 2 white silkies. They look exactly alike and the breeder(my brother in law) thinks they are both girls. Can I please get your opinions? I am only posting pictures of the one since they both look so much a like its hard to tell them apart.
*****I should add that both the silkies are followers. We have a Bantam Cochin Roo, a Barred Rock Roo and an EE Roo. This silkie and the other both follow the Bantam Roo around. If he gets up and walks somewhere else, they follow him. No crowing only little chirps as they run around.

Last edited:
Don't count on me but I *think* they're pullets. They don't have wattles. Is this a sign of anything?
See, I wasn't too sure about the waddles because I know out Barred Rock hen has small waddles. By looking at the top of its head it makes me think pullet because its more like a pom pom on its head, but then again....I have no clue what I am talking about LOL

See, I wasn't too sure about the waddles because I know out Barred Rock hen has small waddles. By looking at the top of its head it makes me think pullet because its more like a pom pom on its head, but then again....I have no clue what I am talking about LOL
I thought that because they don't have waddles they're hens. Is that not it?

I believe those are both pullets. Since they are 11 weeks and the combs are not that large i'm pretty sure they are both girls unless they show signs of crowing.
No signs of crowing at all. They do walk around chirping though. Our Bantam Cochin who hatched the same night as our Silkies is already crowing and shows definite signs that its a rooster. The silkies are just very passive and love to follow to Roosters around, which to me kinda shows more of a hen's personality.

Back
Top Bottom