11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish my hubby was as much on board for hatching chicks as I am with this virus around. He wants me to just start putting a bunch of our own chicken eggs in the incubator to hatch instead of getting shipped eggs. I am not sure many of ours will be fertilized as we got rid of our 2 dominant roosters, one rooster thinks he is a drake and only goes after my ducks (my drake thinks he is a rooster and has claimed 4 of my chickens), and the other roosters are only about 6 months old and like to pick on my 2 silkie pullets ALOT. We have 1 good Buff Orpington rooster that is working, but he is a gentleman and is pretty easy on the girls (the ones he can catch anyway). I am okay with setting some of our own eggs....but I also want some certain breeds that I will only be able to get either as day old chicks (if you can even get your hands on any of those right now) or as eggs. So.....this next round I am looking at buying some call ducks, and more Bielefelders (since this round of Bielefelder eggs was pretty much a bust), and then just filling the rest with our eggs (unless I find 1 more chicken breed I want). ;)
I might have some bielefelder eggs to send you if you're interested. I am doing a test hatch which seems to be going well, but have never shipped eggs and need to give that a try before letting anyone pay for them.

I might have some bielefelder eggs to send you if you're interested. I am doing a test hatch which seems to be going well, but have never shipped eggs and need to give that a try before letting anyone pay for them.

Sure. I can be your guinea pig for shipping. I can definitely pay for them if they arrive in good shape too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom