11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I really need to hear it even if I know better. Even my husband was like leave it alone! I did and it made it’s own little hole eventually. Debating on going to bed and waking up to more chicks in my incubator or staying up but I feel it would drive me crazy.

Out of the 7 that are left they all have external pips except one. There’s nothing.
Go to bed. It's late there. Besides, you are an old hand now. You go to bed knowing all will be well. All that ought to hatch will hatch. Not helping often saves one from having to cull. There will be peeps in the morning!!! Santa won't come unless you go to bed now! 😋

Go to bed. It's late there. Besides, you are an old hand now. You go to bed knowing all will be well. All that ought to hatch will hatch. Not helping often saves one from having to cull. There will be peeps in the morning!!! Santa won't come unless you go to bed now! 😋

I’m going to bed after seeing the one that hasn’t pipped rock and roll a little bit. So whoever makes it will make it. Thank you, you are very right, leaving them alone is the best thing for them now 😊

I know the answer but I need reassurance. This chick is playing major soccer. All my eggs were nearly in a circle and he has destroyed my circle and they’re all over the place. Some of the pip holes are toward the bottom now due to rolling them. Will they be okay? I have zero plans to remove the chick til it’s fluffy and until all external pips have zipped out which may be a while.
This is why I like mine in egg cartons or hatching trays.

Here are my hatched quail chicks! The little lighter colored one was a surprise. Can't wait to see how it feathers out. At least it'll be fully grown in six weeks so I won't have to wait too long!

QhO0Ki_pe_ShbQEhmjY4ai2LbTgb0l3w4mAx59q7-iNLIzMPymSsI3mIXdNarbhdv68PXWJClndmXSk7aC3aVYdsfg5EqeRu4odkhuzSEIjsDOtUzB1ZJczCoQv5dHwMbJcr7iC4q2GpA3g7mFopqH9lQjuGnimVZRPBHw6mO5KiI8ShJO9ojmJUPcjlrei7sJWyI8nPKLdCZ4RGj_ZyoFXPTWWI17-P57gzTtVNVv4CXGt2kszb-A89kRkT_unv5aSX8h2LOf-jb6Fp7r1QLkRbG1-SZb4ljP_Pw1-gno39iKrCaQcdsYb9GMvwCbfHePysehDSq_w9GvUH0dcpWZOqGT9h75HqUH9hPX6GHvrHMAoF-U52MkblDxoXN9eIFOnlUsfgd6jK-BCgTHw625AM5wd-_6VoBbw7ArTrMuzxFkgYy3yLVBOx37ObHV78v_0edJctuPNWtUo4FCmQqmjdPaivMgE2bJG1Lw-6KomVvQvx2WMq1wpnfLUtIfWtJHeQTvTezwsukn-l5luJDsNW0hDjayMsnFkPlgMkjIv4GNNHBbLEKZ39Hn2Nitq8dxOHTx7F4Y0Lh2duDjWrKbKw7AF3U6rVjoC-XCU0M5VqMtwDVU3-fnPb7mtF8uoJAy6MbvURI8UmoVFDVc12Dv2p0AHaaBserV4sLxmZ6KpEFvW5sdhLRBKUqqE9=w1250-h937-no

My lonely only so far chick is doing the same, pushing at and pecking other eggs. She's a feisty one and she's not happy to have no friends. When a person or even a cat goes to the incubator to look in she (or he I guess) runs over to be near them and pecks at the plastic dome. The only other egg showing progress pipped around 4 hours after this only baby. It has now pipped a second hole?? Or did the lonely chick do it? I so need that second chick to hurry up and hatch! Baby is all fluffed up now and ready to plat but has no chick friend. The second egg has been pipped at least 24 hours now. The second pip happened in the last 2 hours. Going to look up what the two pips might mean, it doesn't look like it's zipping.
How long has the first chick been hatched? I take them out after 24 hours, so they can get food and water.

I noticed on one of my new babies some feathers going really far down it’s leg To it’s feet 🤔
i have no feather feeted chickens in my flock (hatched out my flock eggs this incubation)
I wanna know what you guys think this could be. And if it’s just a chick stage and it’ll disappear later or what this might turn into.
I know it’s barley any feathers 😄but no other chick has this that has hatched so far and dried off for me to check
192D390C-BD17-4E54-AEE2-2559B1DDC2CB.jpeg
049D8E53-11D7-48D8-AC24-A4D4C01E4996.jpeg

it’s kinda cool😊

Attachments

• D0990632-3B74-4D9A-AE88-7FCD467BABA3.jpeg
    D0990632-3B74-4D9A-AE88-7FCD467BABA3.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom