Ended 12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Egg Decorating Contest!

Pics

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
12 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
new cropped collage (6).jpg

This contest is sponsored by BYC's @OneMountainAcres & @CluckNDoodle

12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Egg Decorating Contest!
Welcome to the contest. The eggs can be from chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, swans, quail, guineas, peafowl, pheasants, or any other type of domestic poultry. Use as many different types together as you wish. Take photos of your decorated and/or colored eggs in interesting arrangements and settings for the best chance of winning. Please read the contest rules detailed below.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with pictures of your decorated eggs and you will be entered for a chance to win!

If you'd like some tips on how to take better photos, take a look at these awesome threads:

Contest rules:
  1. Eggs from all domestic fowl (chickens, turkeys, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, waterfowl, pheasants, emu, etc.) may be used.
  2. No fake eggs.
  3. All entries must be submitted/posted to this thread.
  4. Eggs must be decorated or dyed by you or someone in your immediate family.
  5. Any Artistic medium may be used to decorate/color the eggs!
  6. There are no limitations on how you decorate your egg except keep it family-friendly!
  7. All entries must be submitted/posted to this thread.
  8. Three entries per member (an entry is 1 - 3 pictures your creation).
  9. One entry per post, please.
  10. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC sponsored contest.
  11. The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  12. No overly-edited images—basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
  13. No watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  14. Extra consideration for picture quality and creativity!
  15. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  16. Open to all BYC members. Staff & VPMs may enter for fun but are not eligible for prizes.
  17. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  18. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  19. Entries will be accepted until April 6th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
The Prizes
The first-place prize is a chicken tutu.
Made and donated by BYC's @OneMountainAcres
tutu.png

The second-place prize is this adorable keychain.
Made and donated by BYC's @CluckNDoodle

DSC_0255.JPG

The third-place prize is one of these beautiful glitter pens.
Donated by @CluckNDoodle

DSC_0003.JPG

For inspiration, here are some of the entries from the 2014 contest

The prizes are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States they will be awarded a PFM instead.

If you have not joined the fun in the 12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along thread, please drop by and say hello here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never tried this before and it was a MAJOR challenge to switch from watercolor paper to the surface of a hen's egg. Happy to share this photo of three that I painted this afternoon - the pansy was actually from life as there was a pot of blooming ones in the location where I was painting outdoors. I am enjoying everyone's submissions as they are SUPER CREATIVE!!!!!

Three Flower Eggs 004.JPG

Back
Top Bottom