14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
3 out of I believe 11 eggs are fertile! I bought most of them so I’m giving them a couple more days to go but so far I have;
Sunny my buff chanteclers(don’t think I spelt that right) egg, either cinnamon my BSL or cayenne my CQs egg and I believe cilantros egg? Cilantro or Mira, Cilantro being a mutt… cinnamon queen barred mutt cross(cayennes baby) or mira who is my BCM, the dad to all is a barred mutt(most barred looking with brown chest and pea/rose comb)! So excited to see what they’ll look like!

If the others are not fertile by Friday I’ll move them out and put in new ones so I’ll only have three hatching around the correct date. Here’s to hoping I get at least one chick with Mr. Hamburgs genes! (My silver spangled Hamburg rooster was eaten by a dog after about 10 hours of owning him, but he seemed to be getting around in that short time)

Attachments

• 681AF2DF-0F1E-4A97-AE6D-5366BCA0BB0B.jpeg
    681AF2DF-0F1E-4A97-AE6D-5366BCA0BB0B.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 288D4CB5-F1C0-444D-B39D-70E0C03CE806.jpeg
    288D4CB5-F1C0-444D-B39D-70E0C03CE806.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 1
  • CC2E2117-0967-4CFC-9C26-FCF4846CAF13.jpeg
    CC2E2117-0967-4CFC-9C26-FCF4846CAF13.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 4
Still hand-turning my overstuffed incubator. Might or might not candle tonight -- though I wouldn't pull any eggs yet because even with the Ovascope I lack confidence in detecting issues.

Which, it occurs to me, makes a good case for candling tonight if I have time. Because then I could implement my policy of not pulling eggs that haven't failed two successive candlings a little sooner by also candling on Sunday and pulling clears and early quitters then.

I do get tired of hand-turning, but need evidence that my fertility levels have improved before not stacking.

Checked my eggs this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find more than the initial three I though were fertile! I think 11 out of 30, and only four distinctly clear. Dog already ate one of those, lol!

I also tossed in an egg I found outside in the coop, just for the heck of it. I'll be checking it (if I can, it's blue) for signs of life in a couple more days.

AND, if the OEGB don't start sitting those eggs in the nest, they're also getting tossed in.

3 out of I believe 11 eggs are fertile! I bought most of them so I’m giving them a couple more days to go but so far I have;
Sunny my buff chanteclers(don’t think I spelt that right) egg, either cinnamon my BSL or cayenne my CQs egg and I believe cilantros egg? Cilantro or Mira, Cilantro being a mutt… cinnamon queen barred mutt cross(cayennes baby) or mira who is my BCM, the dad to all is a barred mutt(most barred looking with brown chest and pea/rose comb)! So excited to see what they’ll look like!

If the others are not fertile by Friday I’ll move them out and put in new ones so I’ll only have three hatching around the correct date. Here’s to hoping I get at least one chick with Mr. Hamburgs genes! (My silver spangled Hamburg rooster was eaten by a dog after about 10 hours of owning him, but he seemed to be getting around in that short time)
How sad. I hope at least a couple of his chicks develop.

Hello BYC friends. After a few year hiatus due to life and stupid city politicians getting in the way, I’m back at it with my incubators full (moved out of that city to wide open spaces). I’m a couple days behind on the hatch a long not having thought about how fun this was in the past until just today and missed the set date by a couple days, but I’m here for the fun with 80 Easter Egger eggs set and looking forward to fluffy butts.

Today is the official set day for button quail and doves! Coturnix set day started Tuesday.

200.gif

Remember we are counting all eggs set to hatch 4/1-4/15 to allow for shipping delays, broody schedules etc so there’s still some time to get those chicken, quail, and dove eggs in the cooker!! If you haven’t already, please send me a conversation with number, type and set date for your eggs and follow up in that conversation with hatch numbers once complete!

Happy Hatching!

Easter Bunny Bird GIF by Super Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom