1588 hova bator but cheaper?

McChickenNugget

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Northeast Pennsylvania
Hi everyone! I've been stalking a lot of threads about incubators and it seems like a lot of people love the 1588 genesis. I looked online and with the cost of shipping plus an egg turner, I'm looking at about $200. I would love to buy one used but I doubt I'll get that lucky lol are there any other models out there that work as good as the 1588 but are maybe alittle cheaper? Maybe a little smaller and less flashy? Thanks for your input everyone. I just feel guilty asking Santa for something that pricey haha

The 1588 is well worth the money if you plan to do much hatching! If there are cheaper models that are as good more people would be using them and talking about them online. I have two 1588s and I love them.
wink.png

p.s. my first 1588 Genesis was one of the best Christmas presents I've had!

I love the Genesis I bought, so much better than the other styro incubators I have. I like that it heats up so fast and never needs fiddling with the temp control. I literally set it on a table, put the turner and eggs in, replace the cover, plug it all in and walk away for 18 days (until lockdown).

I found that Cutler Supply had the best price when I was looking. Great service too.

I bought mine used (with egg turner) off craigslist.
Do a search and keep a close eye.
I'd check neighboring communities as well. I bought mine for under $100 and it works great.
Or do you have Facebook swap n sell page for your town. You can also put up an ISO ad.

Back
Top Bottom