18 week old chicken start squatting.

Agam

In the Brooder
May 26, 2020
My chicken are 18 week old and start squatting a week ago should I expect an egg if yes in how much days.

Is she squatting when you go to pet her? And do you have a rooster in your flock?? That’s a submissive behaviour. They’ll squat to let the rooster deposit his fertilizer and to their humans.
I think she’d be a little young to be laying but depending on the breed it’s entirely possible.

Is she squatting when you go to pet her? And do you have a rooster in your flock?? That’s a submissive behaviour. They’ll squat to let the rooster deposit his fertilizer and to their humans.
I think she’d be a little young to be laying but depending on the breed it’s entirely possible.
I have a rooster but he is too shy he try little bit he’s only one that is 6.5 old. When I put hand on my hen and push her little down she do full squat and the after she shake

I have a rooster but he is too shy he try little bit he’s only one that is 6.5 old. When I put hand on my hen and push her little down she do full squat and the after she shake
That is a submissive behaviour. She’s showing she’s ready to be mounted by the rooster / your hand. Her shaking after is something hens do after the rooster fertilizes her. She should be laying in the next two months or so. Depending on the weather where you are - cold weather and an improperly insulated coop can cause them to skip their first few months of laying.

That is a submissive behaviour. She’s showing she’s ready to be mounted by the rooster / your hand. Her shaking after is something hens do after the rooster fertilizes her. She should be laying in the next two months or so. Depending on the weather where you are - cold weather and an improperly insulated coop can cause them to skip their first few months of laying.
It December Cold

Back
Top Bottom