1st fresh egg!

acheeknmanbestfren

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Okay, pardon a rookie's glee
tongue.png

We picked up 3 adult BOs on Saturday, these are the 1st chickens we've owned (other than our new flock of 22 in the brooders).

We got our first egg this morning but it was laid from the roost and was of course broken (I hadn't even thought about it happening so I didn't place any padding below. We just got our 2nd egg and did a side by side comparison of store bought vs fresh.

What a difference - the fresh egg actually has flavor - the store bought seemed bland by comparison. Needless to say we're both please and excited about our new acquisition!

I agree they taste much better and I only had a bite of a fresh. I boiled up the first green one (I dropped the other first egg we go
sad.png
and was upset at myself too) but took a bite, and it was so clean tasting and full of egg flavor!! boring store bought has no comparison other than size.

celebrate.gif
FRESH HOME-GROWN EGGS !!!
celebrate.gif

Hooray & congratulations! To you & your new hens! How cool that you had some store-bought ones to do the side-by-side comparison. I haven't had to crack a store egg in years. You're going to be spoiled forever now you've tasted a REAL egg. And smarter, stronger & more attractive too, that's what fresh eggs do for you.

Back
Top Bottom