1st night outside!

stephiepoomomma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
south central florida
Tonight is my baby chickens 1st night in their coop! I 've been outside to check on them twice already. Once to put them up in their sleeping area and once to give them more warm stuff to lay on. I think they're scared. :-( They were asleep on the ground all cuddled up in the corner of the coop. I hope they're all there in the morning!

Tonight is my baby chickens 1st night in their coop! I 've been outside to check on them twice already. Once to put them up in their sleeping area and once to give them more warm stuff to lay on. I think they're scared. :-( They were asleep on the ground all cuddled up in the corner of the coop. I hope they're all there in the morning!

how old are they. i moved 10 of mine to a coop a few days ago and left them inside with the door closed for a few days of course the windows were open during the day. i opened the door yesterday and let them into the run. they came out and done what chickens do but as night fell they didn't go back into the coop. i went out and put them in the coop. they are still sleeping grouped up in the corner but they went outside all day and when evening came they went in the coop and went to sleep. my babies are learning im so pleased

We moved ours two nights ago to their coop. They are 7 1/2 weeks old. I went out and checked on them the last two night. They were in the corners also. Several are roosting, I hope the others catch on. I did pick some up and put them on roost. Not sure if that will help but figured it couldn't hurt.

We moved ours two nights ago to their coop. They are 7 1/2 weeks old. I went out and checked on them the last two night. They were in the corners also. Several are roosting, I hope the others catch on. I did pick some up and put them on roost. Not sure if that will help but figured it couldn't hurt.

mine will get on the roost during the day some but at night they huddle together in the corner. i wouldn't worry too much they will learn in time right now thwy are probably scared and maybe a little cold and they feel safe and warm together. just give them time they will learn soon enough how to be a chicken

Back
Top Bottom