2 1/2 week old lavender orpington / roo?

The giant
Is it the only lavender orpington you have?

Because some breeds develop combs much earlier than others, I feel more confident with guessing gender if I can compare several of the same breed and age.
no.. its the only one. This batch has ameraucanas, australorps, and this lav orp.
I have only raised the buff orpingtons before. So no experience with a lavender. All buff orp pullets that i have raised were very slow to grow their combs compared to my other breeds

Attachments

• 6BBBFE7C-4A63-4725-9926-3CDEB7C52C09.jpeg
    6BBBFE7C-4A63-4725-9926-3CDEB7C52C09.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 10
Yeah they turned 2 weeks old monday. I got them in the mail on wednesday sep 16th from meyer hatchery.
Really? I just received a replacement shipment of chicks from them today. They hatched a day early on the 28th of September. They were scheduled to hatch on the 29th -1st.
20200930_182257.jpg

Fingers crossed for a bit longer. even my white leghorn pullets didnt have this much comb at 2 weeks. And they end up with much larger combs than orpingtons.
Really? I just received a replacement shipment of chicks from them today. They hatched a day early on the 28th of September.View attachment 2355249
aww i recieved more from them today as well!
todays order i got blue orpingtons, and some easter eggers! Love meyer hatchery!

Fingers crossed for a bit longer. even my white leghorn pullets didnt have this much comb at 2 weeks. And they end up with much larger combs than orpingtons.

aww i recieved more from them today as well!
todays order i got blue orpingtons, and some easter eggers! Love meyer hatchery!
Every breed is different.

I love Meyer Hatchery too.
My chicks are 2 Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks, 1 cockerel, & 1 pullet. And 2 Sumatra pullets.

Every breed is different.

I love Meyer Hatchery too.
My chicks are 2 Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks, 1 cockerel, & 1 pullet. And 2 Sumatra pullets.
I was gonna ask what those little black and white ones were! Fun. Well i will keep hoping for a girl! Its my only lavender so really hoping. I ordered three of the bbs orpingtons and got all 3 blue.
was hoping maybe a splash. But all 3 blues are a diff shade.
but i got a neat little white ee in the mix im excited about.
ED5BA276-8E0B-4053-9692-419A0D65032C.jpeg

I was gonna ask what those little black and white ones were! Fun. Well i will keep hoping for a girl! Its my only lavender so really hoping. I ordered three of the bbs orpingtons and got all 3 blue.
was hoping maybe a splash. But all 3 blues are a diff shade.
but i got a neat little white ee in the mix im excited about.View attachment 2355264
Definitely a little cutie.

Back
Top Bottom