2 baby chicks dead!

bigmuddyfoot

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2015
NE Oklahoma
Help!

I bought 20 chicks buff orpington and ameraucana chickens 3 weeks ago. So far I have lost 2 buffs i lass then 2 weeks. I have posted a video of what they did just before they die. Sorry kinda crude but I need to find out what is going on.
I'm wondering if there is a disease going through the flock. My concern is my other 12 chickens I have out side (the chicks are in the garage)

Here is the link to the YouTube video

welcome-byc.gif

Can you post pics of your brooder set up? do your chicks have enough space to get completely out from under the heat?

Yes they have more then enough room. It's about 4 x 4 and the heat lamp is in one corner and there food and water are in the other area. I'm at work right now I'm waiting on the wife to send me pictures will post when I get them

Could you describe in more detail what is going on? I'm at work so a link to a youtube video does not help. Though to be honest, I likely wouldn't click on it anyway since I'm wary of links from anyone I don't know.

Personally, without knowing how many chicks you have, I'd have given them more space. Anyway, more details would help. Age, conditions, observances of the way they acted prior and during falling ill.

Last edited:
They are completely normal just get up one morning and bam just like that. The brooter temp is at least 75f I really don't know the exact temperature but under the heat lamp it's good and warm.

That would only be 10 digrees difference from what I have and I know it's in the high 70s. Not saying it's not it jus think there is something else too.

Back
Top Bottom