2 boys keep fighting, rooster and cockerel, no blood so ok?

ForTheLoveOfSilkies

Free Ranging
Aug 18, 2019
Australia
I changed out my infertile rooster for another rooster (his son) I had them separated between a fence so they could see each other still hopefully making integration easier for this reason.
My main coop has 6 hens and a 10 month old cockerel and did have my old rooster but now new rooster.o
So now this rooster and cockerel keep fighting very often like every 10 min they have a fight but never any blood or injuries so far. Is this ok to keep them together like this? Unless it becomes more serious like there's blood? It's been over a week now.

IMG_20210921_110109.jpg
IMG_20210921_110107.jpg

I culled the 2 roosters last night 😩😢 after rooster went for me when I was just holding a shovel! He had to go!
So now 10.5 month old cockerel is left with 7 hens all in 1 flock... But he didn't crow last night, morning or any crowing since I culled the roosters!! Hopefully they can adjust and hens will all accept Biscuit as the man of the flock! (And Biscuit accepts he is the main man now and crows!) 😩😬

It can take time, especially with a cockerel, but things should work out in time. The hens may not accept him yet, or maybe he just hasn't realized his change in status yet.

I have 2 silkie roosters who fight all the time. So much so, half of their necks are naked. No blood has ever been drawn yet. It's been going on for a couple years.

Planning on knocking down the flock abit, & expanding the coop eventually.
Blood was going everywhere with my 2 roosters. I culled them so problem over. I'm left with my beautiful 10.5 month old cockerel.

Here we raise cockerels, either our own, or chicks from hatcheries, so we don't try to introduce older cockerels or roosters, ever. Right now we have two mature roosters, and three cockerels one of whom need to move on elsewhere. A nice white Chantecler, but extra. Hate it!
Mary

Here we raise cockerels, either our own, or chicks from hatcheries, so we don't try to introduce older cockerels or roosters, ever. Right now we have two mature roosters, and three cockerels one of whom need to move on elsewhere. A nice white Chantecler, but extra. Hate it!
Mary
I culled the 2 roosters last night 😩😢 after rooster went for me when I was just holding a shovel! He had to go!
So now 10.5 month old cockerel is left with 7 hens all in 1 flock... But he didn't crow last night, morning or any crowing since I culled the roosters!! Hopefully they can adjust and hens will all accept Biscuit as the man of the flock! (And Biscuit accepts he is the main man now and crows!) 😩😬

Back
Top Bottom