2 days late peeping silky and mama abandoned

I saw it poop green while I took the photo. It is trying so hard to detach itself. Looks to me like a full umbilical cord. Now I see blood in the shell I didn't before.

It's too small to fit in a cup so I wrapped it with a damp paper owl and cloth so it can't move as easily and put it back under the light

Yes that's just hatch debris and should fall off by itself. Don't pull anything as this could cause a problem in its abdomen. I've had them hatch and drag the shell around and they have been fine.
Your chick looks quite healthy and I think it has every chance of making it :D
For now I would keep it warm, keep it quiet and let it dry out. It will more than likely sleep a lot so try not to worry.

Great going on you for getting the chick out, well done :highfive:

Try not to worry :hugs

Really??? Oh that's great!!! Ok. One last question....should I keep it bundled loosely in the attached shell and the damp cloth under the heat lamp or shou I remove the cloth and let it continue pushing and dry up with the heat lamp?

If you can, detach the debris from the shell but NOT from the chick. Leave the cord attached to the chick. If you can't do this leave it loose so the lamp can dry it up and hopefully it will become detached from the shell.

And yes really I think your chick has every chance :D

The membrane was just hanging from a very thin thread. I pulled them membrane off he egg but it's still attached to the chick.

Ok! Thanks for helping me this morning. I hope I didn't mess up your schedule today. The chick is under the Brinsea brooder and I put stuffed animals around it to keep it close to dry soft stuff. It's head is out so it won't suffocate. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom